A new version of the BusinessObjects IPEDS HR Report was published on January 23, 2023 with the following enhancements:
- IPEDS updated the definition of a new hire to include only employees hired in the prior 12 months that are still active on the November 1st reporting date. The report has been updated to exclude any new hires who were not still active on November 1st. For this reason, the two detail report tabs were consolidated into one tab with a new column indicating if an employee was a new hire that year.
- Report prompts were simplified to only the year and A&M System member. As a reminder, due to the way snapshots are captured in EDW, this report is as-of 10/31, not 11/1.
- Previously, the tables on the report tabs only displayed a row or column if it contains at least one employee. For example, if there were no full time faculty with an unknown race/ethnicity, the row for that value was not displayed. With this update, the tables display all rows, even if there are no employees who meet the criterion. This streamlines data entry into the IPEDS online data collection system.
- For Part G4 and Part H, the following occupational categories were combined into one, to be consistent with the survey:
- Archivists, Curators, and Museum Technicians
- Librarians and Media Collections Specialists
- Library Technician
- Student and Academic Affairs and Other Education Services Occupations
As a reminder, this report is published in the TAMUS Publications folder as “EDW00028 – IPEDS HR Reporting”. BusinessObjects HR/Payroll access is required in order to run this report. See our report documentation here.