The Financial Budget Detail Universe provides access to Budget Detail Data from the FAMIS Budget Development Module.
The Universe contains detail budget numbers at the member category level per account / support account. It also contains all transfers from the budget module
A record is kept in this universe for every budget category per SL-SA Account, per fiscal year, per budget approval type. A record is also kept for every budget transaction (transfer/allocation) per fiscal year, per budget approval type.
During the budget Cycle, the data in this universe is refreshed once a day. After the budget cycle is complete, the data for that fiscal year is no longer used.
This universe provides eight measures.
- Beginning Balance – The amount of the SL beginning balance entered into the budget module
- Revenue Budget – If the detail record is for a revenue budget – this field will contain the budget amount
- Expense Budget – If the detail record is for an expense budget – this field will contain the expense budget amount
- Budget (Rev + Exp) – Contains the revenue or expense budget. If the record is of the revenue type, this will contain the revenue budget, if the record is of the expense type – this measure will contain the expense budget
- Budget All – The Revenue, Expense, Transfer In and Transfer Out are all placed in this measure. You will use this if you want to use the revenue/expense/transfer attribute as a row or column heading.
- Transfers In – This measure has the transfer In amounts
- Transfer Out – This measure has the transfer Out amounts
- Ending Balance – Beginning Balance + Revenue Budget + Transfer In – Expense Budget – Transfers Out
The following filters are provided under the “Approval Type” folder
- Done Budget – Budget flagged as “done”
- Board Budget – Budget flagged as “Board”
- Current Budget – Most recent budget entries
This universe contains links to the following dimensions. Any attribute in these dimensions can be used to sort, filter, subset, or include on the report or graph.
- Organization (organization of the SL, SA or GL account)
- Account Attributes
- GL Account Attributes (mapped or directly referenced)
- Subcode / Category
- Budget Detail Attributes