This process allows Authorized Security Requestors (ASRs) at each A&M System member to help ensure proper security administration controls are followed at their institution(s) in regard to the BusinessObjects role authorizations held by the institution’s employees.
- ASRs or delegates at each member receive an email once per quarter with a list of BusinessObjects users and their security access.
- The recipients review the report to confirm that all of the listed users are still active employees and that their security access level is appropriate. Specifically:
- Listed users are currently employed at the system member being reported.
- Listed users are still in a position that requires them to have access to the Universe(s) specified in the report.
- Active users have the appropriate level of security for their job duties.
- One reviewer submits the BusinessObjects Quarterly User Review Form, including results for HR/Payroll and Financials (or separate forms may be submitted for HR/Payroll and Financials). Any change to a user’s access should be noted on the form.
Quarterly Review Schedule
|January 1 – Quarterly User Report sent to ASRs
January (last working day) – Quarterly User Review Forms due
|April 1 – Quarterly User Report sent to ASRs
April (last working day) – Quarterly User Review Forms due
|July 1 – Quarterly User Report sent to ASRs
July (last working day) – Quarterly User Review Forms due
|October 1 – Quarterly User Report sent to ASRs
October (last working day) – Quarterly User Review Forms due