The Position Action Universe contains changes in positions. These position changes are normally represented by the addition of a new iteration in the BPP active budget. Every iteration in BPP, with the exception of “Eliminate actions” and “End of Term” actions will create a new action in this universe. However, in some cases a single iteration in BPP can create two event records in this universe. (For example, an employee can be terminated and an new employee hired on the same iteration in BPP).
In building this universe, actions in BPP have been classified as “incoming/new actions” and also as “outgoing actions”. Incoming and new actions are actions such as new hires, promote within, transfer in, and funding changes. Incoming/new action reflect employee entering positions or changes to employees within positions.
Outgoing actions are actions such as voluntary terminations, promote out, and retirements. These actions reflect employees leaving a position.
This universe is ideal for but not limited to reporting for the following business processes:
- New Hire or Terminations reporting (Department of Labor reports)
- Last title, PIN, or salary change for an employee (retention analysis)
- Position changes that affect benefit and/or leave eligibility
- Work volume for Payroll/Budget offices for making position changes
This universe is of type: Transaction. Records and Measures are additive over time and represent a single event at a point in time.
A record is kept in this universe for each position iteration in BPP. The iteration associated to a records is the iteration that caused the change. As stated above, sometime two records are kept per single iteration.
This universe provides the following measures. All measures are additive over time.
- Monthly Salary. The actual monthly salary to be paid to the employee. For employees paid hourly, this measure is estimated based on number of days in the fiscal year.
- FTE Monthly Salary. The salary of the employee at an FTE rate (assumes 12 months at 100% effort). Use for comparison of positions.
- Hourly Rate. Populated for hourly employees.
- Budgeted Salary. The annual budget salary for the employee. The amount they will be paid based on their percent effort and annual term.
- Prev. Monthly Salary. The Monthly salary of the position before this action.
- Prev. FTE Monthly Salary. The FTE monthly salary of the position before this action.
- Previous Hourly Rate. The Hourly rate of this position before this action.
- FTE Salary Change Pct. The Percent increase or decrease of the FTE monthly salary.
The following filters are available:
- New and Incoming. Select only actions of a PIN being created or occupied.
- Outgoing Actions. Select only actions when a PIN is eliminated or an employee is leaving a PIN.
- Budget Employees. Select only PINs that are “budgeted” or the length is 5 digits. Excludes Wage PINs.
- Wage Employees. Selects only PINs of type “Wage”.
- Vacate Actions. Selects only changes that result in the PIN being Vacant
- EPA Changes. Selects only changes that originated from an EPA document
- Manual Entry Changes. Selects only changes that originated from the BPP Personnel Screens
This universe contains links to the following dimensions. Any attribute in these dimensions can be used to sort, filter, subset, or include on the report or graph.
- Employee – linked in this universe 3 times:
- Employee – Resulting Occupant after position change (will show Vacant if the PIN is vacated)
- Altered Employee – Employee the position change affected. For example if the Occupant Action is Retire, this will be the employee who retired where the Employee folder will show that the PIN in now Vacant.
- Previous Employee – Previous Occupant of a PIN after position change (will show same person as current if no occupant change)
- Title Code and Previous Title Code
- Adloc Organization and Prev Adloc Organization
- HR Action Attributes