The purpose of the Financial SL-GL Balances Universe is to provide account level (SL, SA, and GL) summary balances each month. Each month is kept as a history. With this universe you can easily re-create FAMIS reports FBMR061 and FBMR062 with various alternate sorts and aggregations.
The universe is of type snapshot.
A record is kept in this universe for every GL, SL and SA account. A record is kept for each Fiscal Year and Month.
If a query is built using multiple months, the data should be compared over time – not aggregated over time.
This universe provides many measures. Some of the measures apply only to GL accounts, some apply to SL accounts, and some apply to both.
In general, if you are interested only in GL accounts – use only the GL measures. If you are interested in SL accounts, use only the SL measures. If you want SL and GL accounts on the same report – use the Blended measures
- GL Cash Assets – The balance in account control “1100” at the end of the month
- GL Non Cash Assets – The balance in all 1XXX accounts, but excluding the balance in 1100
- GL Assets – The balance in all 1XXX accounts
- GL Liabilities – The balance in all 2XXX accounts (except special reserve 2759-2799
- GL Begin Fund Balance – The beginning of the FY balance in the 3XXX account controls
- GL YTD Additions – The sum of total FY to date activity in the 4XXX account controls (excluding transfers 47xx)
- GL YTD Deductions – The sum of total FY to date activity in the 5XXX account controls (excluding transfers 57xx and debt service)
- GL YTD Debt Service – Sum of account control 5301
- GL YTD Net Tran – The net of account controls 47XX and 57XX – except for debt service
- GL Fund Bal – The fund balance from 3XXX account controls and also 2759 to 2799 (special reserve) account controls
- GL Sum YTD Exp Budget – The Sum of all the revised budget for expense object codes from all mapped SL Accounts
- GL Sum YTD Rev Budget – The Sum of all the revised budget for revenue object codes from all mapped SL Accounts
- GL Sum YTD Expense – The Sum of all the expense object codes for the current FY
- GL Sum YTD Revenue – The sum of all the revenue object code actuals for the current FY
- GL Sum Encumbrance – The sum of all encumbrances for the current FY
- GL Sum Expense BBA – the expense budget balance available from all mapped SL accounts
- GL Sum Revenue BBA – the revenue budget balance available from all mapped SL accounts
- GL Fund Bal less Encumbrance – The fund balance from above less encumbrances
- GL Fund Bal Unallocated – The fund balance remaining assuming all SL accounts spend their entire expense BBA and earn their entire revenue BBA
- GL Fund Bal Allocated – The amount of the fund balance obligated to SL accounts. Increased by Expense BBA, reduced by Revenue BBA
- SL Exp Budget – The Expense Budget for the Account
- SL Rev Budget – The Revenue Budget for the Account
- SL YTD Expense – Sum of expenses for the year
- SL YTD Revenue – Sum of revenues for the year
- SL Encumbrance – Currently encumbered
- SL Expense BBA – Expense Budget Balance available
- SL Revenue BBA – Revenue Budget Balance available
- Blended Fund Balance – For SL accounts this is the SL expense budget less the SL YTD expenses. For GL accounts this is the GL Fund bal Unallocated
- Blended Encumbrance – For SL accounts this is the amount encumbered. For GL accounts this amount is always 0
- Blended Fund Balance less Encumbrance – For SLs this is the SL Expense BBA less the SL Revenue BBA. For GL accounts, it is the GL Fund Bal Unallocated
Filters are predefined limiting criteria that allow you to select a subset of the data in the universe. This universe has the following filters defined:
- GL Account Only – selects only GL Accounts
- SL Accounts Only – selects only SL Accounts
- Current Funds – F&G, Designated, Auxiliary, and restricted.
This universe contains links to the following dimensions. Any attribute in these dimensions can be used to sort, filter, subset, or include on the report or graph.
- Account Attributes
- Subcode / Category
- GL Account Attributes