The HCM Benefits Enrollment universe contains a record for each employee and dependent benefit enrollment as of the prior day or last day of month for prior months. Benefits include insurance and retirement plans. An enrollment record is considered the choice to participate in a plan, so any choice to waive or decline participation is not included.
This information is sourced from Workday and reflects the enrollments that were effective as of the prior day or last day of month for prior months. If retroactive changes are made, the enrollments on prior months are not adjusted to reflect the retroactive change. For example, in May an action is taken in Workday to end an enrollment effective in March. The March and April data will still reflect active enrollments for those months because as of March 31st and April 30th, the enrollments were active in Workday.
Common report uses include:
- Estimated employer benefit contribution (SGIP) month to month (NOT payroll actual)
- Participation Counts in plans and coverage levels (Employee Only, Employee and Family, etc.)
- Participation in optional retirement plans (TDA and DCP)
The HCM Benefits Enrollment universe is of type Snapshot. Queries should be run for a single year and month. If multiple years and months are used – consider comparing the data over time.
A record is kept in this universe for each employee and dependent enrollment by type (medical, dental, OL, ORP, TDA, etc.), plan, and provider, per fiscal year and fiscal month.
These measures are additive over time, but if multiple time periods are selected, consideration should be given to if the data should be compared over time. These amounts not do reflect actual deductions taken in payroll, only the expected amounts based on the enrollment.
- Employee Cost Monthly – Employee cost per benefit enrollment for the month. Does not reflect wellness credit.
- Employee Cost per Pay Period – Employee cost per benefit enrollment for their next pay period (bi-weekly employees will show half the monthly deduction). Does not reflect wellness credit.
- Employee Cost Adjusted for Wellness – Employee cost per benefit enrollment for the month less any applicable wellness credit.
- Employer Contribution – Employer cost per benefit enrollment
- Plan Enrollment – Used to count participation in a plan, including dependents.
Note: Employee Costs and Employer Contribution measures are only populated on the Policyholder’s enrollment records, the dependent records show zero dollars.
The following filters are available:
- Current Enrollment Profile – Filter to view current snapshot only
- Policyholder Enrollment Only – Filter to view only policyholder’s enrollment, excludes the dependent records
- Dependent Enrollment Only – Filter to view only dependent enrollments
- Retirees and Survivors Only – Filter to view only retiree, working retiree, and survivor enrollments
- Active Employees Only – Filter to view only individuals’ enrollments who are working or are on leave and not retired
- Exclude Retirement Plans – Exclude mandatory (ORP and TRS) and voluntary (TDA and DCP) retirement records.