The purpose of the SL-SA Account Summary Universe is to provide access to financial data at the FAMIS support account and object code level. The detail data is viewable on “screen 19” in FAMIS or on “Screen 68”. The universe holds the data at the support account level, but the data can be reported at the SL level as well
You should use this universe if account and object code level reporting is sufficient. Queries will usually run more quickly than queries against the transaction detail universe
This universe also contains data from the FAMIS budget module – so budget to actual comparisons can be performed.
This universe does not contain data on GL accounts. For that data use the Financial GL snapshot universe.
A record is kept in this universe for every object code, per support account, per fiscal month, per fiscal year. This is why it is called a summary universe – additional detail is available in the transaction detail universe.
This universe provides eight measures. Each measure is additive over time. The measure are:
- Original Budget – The net budget activity for the month and object code that was posted with FAMIS T-code = ‘020’
- Revised Budget – The net budget activity for the month and object code for all budget transactions
- Encumbrance – The net change in encumbrances for the month and object code for encumbrance transactions and liquidations.
- Actuals – The net change in actuals (revenues or expenses) for the month and object code
- BBA – The net change in Budget Balance available for the month and object code.
- Done Budget – The Budget amount for this budget category (marked as “done” from the FAMIS budget module. This amount will only be posted in month 01 – September.
- Board Budget – The Budget amount for this budget category (marked as “Board” from the FAMIS budget module. This amount will only be posted in month 01 – September.
- Current Budget – The Budget amount for this budget category (the most recently changed or “current” amount from the FAMIS budget module. This amount will only be posted in month 01 – September.
As noted, please realize that that all the measures above are the NET CHANGE for each month. Therefore, if you want to create a report that contains YTD actuals and the current BBA, you must include all months of the fiscal year in your report.
Revenues and Expenses
Please note that this universe object codes for both Revenues and Expense object codes. Most likely you will be reporting on only one of these types. Please be sure to limit your query to your appropriately.
Also note that revenues are stored as a POSITIVE number. This is different from FAMIS.
Filters are predefined limiting criteria that allow you to select a subset of the data in the universe. No filters. This universe has the following filters defined:
- Revenue – Includes only Revenue Subcodes from SL accounts (0001 – 0999 and Budget type entries of type revenue)
- Expense – Includes only Expense Subcodes from SL accounts (1000 – 9999 and budget entries of type expense)
This universe contains links to the following dimensions. Any attribute in these dimensions can be used to sort, filter, subset, or include on the report or graph.
- Account Attributes
- Subcode / Category
- GL Account Attributes