The purpose of the Financial Account Transaction Detail Universe is to provide access to the detail financial transactions that occur in FAMIS. These detail transactions are commonly found on “Screen 23” in FAMIS.
A record is kept in this universe for every detail transaction record that occurs in FAMIS. Just as in FAMIS, for journal entries and budget transfers, two transactions are kept – one for each side of the transaction.
Since the data in this universe has a record (row) for every transaction detail record, data in this universe can be reported by Bank and Vendor. These dimensions are not available with the regular SL-SA account summary.
This universe provides four measures. In FAMIS, all transaction amounts are placed in single “amount” column. However, for this universe, the amount on the FAMIS transaction has been placed in the appropriate measure “bucket” based on the transaction code. The measure are:
- Budget – Amounts from FAMIS transactions with a T-code = ’02X’
- Actuals – Amounts from FAMIS transactions with a T-code = ’03X’ or ’04X’ or ’06X’
- Encumbrances – Amounts from FAMIS transactions with a T-code = ’05X’. Encumbrances also include liquidations amounts that are reference on 04X and 06X transactions
- Begin Bal (098) – Amounts from FAMIS transactions with a T-code of ‘098’
Revenues, Expenses, Fund Additions, Deductions, and Balance Sheet items
Please note that this universe contains transactions against SL’s and GL’s and also against all the subcode types. Most likely you will be reporting on only one of these types. Please be sure to limit your query to your scope.
Also note that revenues, fund additions, fund balances and liabilities are all kept a POSITIVE number. This is different from FAMIS.
Filters are predefined limiting criteria that allow you to select a subset of the data in the universe. This universe has the following filters defined:
- Non-Voucher Transactions – Includes only transactions that DID NOT originate from the FAMIS AP system. Excludes transactions 046, 047, 048, and 068 and also budget and encumbrance transactions.
- Voucher Transactions – Includes only transactions that originated from the FAMIS AP system. Includes only Transactions 046, 047, 048, and 068.
- Revenue – Includes only Revenue Subcodes from SL accounts (0001 – 0999)
- Expense – Includes only Expense Subcodes from SL accounts (1000 – 9999)
- Non Zero Actuals – Includes only transactions where the measure “Actuals” is not zero. Effectively excludes Budget and encumbrance transactions.
This universe contains links to the following dimensions. Any attribute in these dimensions can be used to sort, filter, subset, or include on the report or graph.
- Account Attributes
- GL Account Attributes
- Subcode / Category
- Bank Attributes