The financial GL Account Snapshot Universe provides access to financial data at the FAMIS GL account and account control level. The detail data is viewable on “Screen 18” in FAMIS.
The Universe can be used to both report GL balances as well and to find the change in an account balance over time.
You must use the universe differently if you want to report balances vs. activity. Please see the notes in the measures section.
A record is kept in this universe for every account control, per GL account, per fiscal month, per fiscal year. This is why it is called a summary universe – additional detail is available in the transaction detail universe.
This universe provides four measures. However, one of the measures is fully additive over time, while the other three are not.
- Current Month Actual – The net change in activity for the month and the account control
- This measure can be added over months and fiscal years.
The following measures must be queried for A SINGLE FISCAL MONTH AND YEAR. If you add these measure over time – you will get invalid results. You may query multiple years and months – but your report must then be designed to include the year and month in the columns or rows – in order to show the change in balance.
- Begin Balance – The balance in the account control at the beginning of a given month
- Current Balance – The balance in the account control as of the end of a given month
- YTD Actual – The change in balance for the Fiscal Year as of a given month
Liabilities, Fund Balances, and Fund Additions
Also note that Liabilities, Fund Balances, and Fund Additions are stored a POSITIVE number. This is different from FAMIS.
No filters are currently provided in this universe
This universe contains links to the following dimensions. Any attribute in these dimensions can be used to sort, filter, subset, or include on the report or graph.
- GL – Organization
- GL Account Attributes
- Subcode / Category