TrainTraq does not require you to have an assignment in order to take a course. If you are interested in finding other available courses that will assist you in your current or a future position, you can perform a course search.
To search for and select a course:
- From the Home Page, click the Course Catalog tab. The Course Search page displays. You can either scroll through the full list of courses displayed at the bottom of the page or you can perform a search.
- To narrow your results, complete one or more fields in the “Search” section and then click the Search button. The results of your search display at the bottom of the page. NOTE: See below for an explanation of the search fields available.
- Locate the course you are interested in and then click the course name. This will take you to the Course Details page, which displays basic information about the selected course.
- If the Course Type field designates that the course is Online, click the Start Course button to begin the course.
Search Fields Available
The “Search” section allows you to search for courses using one or more of the following:
Course Name: Enter a portion of the course’s name into this field. For example, you could enter “Interview” to search for courses related to interviews or interviewing.
Course Number: If you know the specific number of a course, type it into this field and click the Search button.
“Search course name and description” Checkbox: Select this checkbox if you want to search both the course name and description using what you entered into the Course Name field.
Category: Use this filter to search for courses by category. For example, if you select “Technology Training – Email”, the search will return courses that have been categorized as detailing email systems. A course can appear in only one category
TAMUS Member (Univ/Agency): Select a Texas A&M University System member to search for courses developed or owned by that A&M System university or agency. Use “All” to search for all public courses in the catalog. Use “S – Texas A&M System Offices” to search for courses specifically intended for System wide use, such as System-required training.
Course Tag: Select a tag to search for courses related to a specific topic. For example, if you select “Safety”, the search will return a list of courses that have been tagged as being related to safety, such as Laboratory Safety. Note that a course can have more than one tag.
Course Type: Options available are Online, In Classroom (Legacy), or Other.
- In Classroom is used for classroom courses for which registration via TrainTraq is available. (Note: the classroom registration system is still under development, so currently there are no courses of this type.)
- In Classroom (Legacy) is for in-classroom courses that are listed in TrainTraq but do not currently allow registration via TrainTraq. To register for an In-Classroom (Legacy) course, please follow the instructions included in the course description. If there are no instructions, please contact the course owner.
- Online denotes a course that can be taken via a computer.
- Other includes courses that are used to denote online courses that are not accessible via TrainTraq. Please follow the instructions in the course description.
Reset: This will clear all search fields of entered information.