The Programs page allows you to create new programs using any of the courses for which you have access.
A program may be created when you have a need to group courses together:
- For assignment convenience
- For example: Courses that are frequently assigned at the same time
- Because they are related
- For example: Courses required to complete a leadership training certificate program
To create a new program:
- Click the Programs option in the Courses tab menu. The Programs page displays.
- Click the Create Program button located below the “Filter results by:” section of the Programs page. The Create Program pop-up window displays.
- Enter a name into the Program Name field.
- Select the appropriate workstation from the Owning Workstation drop-down menu.
- If the program completion should display on employee transcripts, select the Show on Transcript checkbox.
- Click the Save button. The Program Details page displays.
- Click the Select Courses button in the Program Courses section. The Course Search pop-up window displays.
- Locate the desired course by either scrolling/paging through the course listing or by entering information into the “Filter results by:” section and clicking the Search button.
- Click the Add button located to the left of each course you want to include in the program. You can add as many courses as needed to the program.NOTE: Courses selected to include in the program display a red Remove button to the left of the course name. If you accidently select an incorrect course, simply click the Remove button to remove it from the program.
- Once all courses have been selected, click the round “X” close button to close the Course Search window and return to the Program Details page. The courses you selected display in the Program Courses section at the bottom of the page.
Additional information on programs
It is not possible to create assignment and notification rules for a program. Instead, the assignment and notification rules for each course within the program are used. For this reason, you may want to review these rules for the courses you intend to include prior to creating a new program.