In November 2022, FAMIS moved to a new technology platform. To use the new version of FAMIS, a new connection profile must be used. Users may need to work with their IT departments to open the outbound connection and set up a new profile.
The current version of OpenText HostExplorer (version 15.0.5 or higher) must be installed before preparing a replatformed FAMIS connection profile. To check the installed version and, if necessary, install the latest version of OpenText HostExplorer, see Installing OpenText HostExplorer to Connect to FAMIS.
To create a new replatformed FAMIS connection profile from scratch:
- Open Connection Central.
- In the Connection Central window, double-click on the New HostExplorer Profile icon.
- In the New Profile window, enter a name for the profile, the Host name (famis.tamus.edu), and the Port: number (992), and then click OK.
- The connection window will open, and the program will attempt to connect to replatformed FAMIS. The connection will fail. Disregard the failure message, and click Yes to continue.
- In the session window menu bar, click on the Options tab and select Global Options…
- In the HostExplorer Global Options window, click on the General tab.
- In the General options section, verify that the Prompt on Window Close and Prevent Automatic Shutdown by Windows options are checked. Click OK.
- Go to the Options menu again and select Session Properties.
- In the Categories tree, double-click Security to expand that category.
- Under Security, select General.
- In the General tab, click on the SSL/TLS radio button to select it, and then click OK to return to the main window.
- On the main window, select Options and then Session Properties again.
- In the Categories file tree, double-click Keyboard to expand that category. Under Keyboard, click on General.
- Verify that the Ignore NumLock state checkbox is unchecked. If it is checked, click on the checkbox to deselect it, and then click OK.
- The new replatformed FAMIS connection profile is now configured.
- Double-click on the new FAMIS connection icon. If the profile is configured properly, the terminal emulation will connect, and a validation page will appear.
- To end the connection and exit the validation page, press Enter.