Getting Help While Using the FAMIS PF2 Key
(Try this anywhere!)
Position cursor on a field where you have a question. Press PF2. A definition MAY OR MAY NOT appear. Regardless if a definition appears or not, press ENTER to see valid values for the field. You may need to try this in many places before finding what you need.
- Question Mark (?) Help:
Only valid in fields where you may enter data. Type a question mark (?) and press ENTER. Only valid values appear when using the “?”; no definitions will appear. You must use the PF2 key for a definition.
- * Help:
Only valid in fields where you may enter data. Type an asterisk (*) and press ENTER. Valid on the Action Line for screens such as 715, 860, and 922. For example: typing an asterisk (*) in the Dept field on the Action Line of Screen 860 will display a list of all departments.
How to Log On to FAMIS
- Double-click the New FAMIS OpenText/Host Explorer profile.
- Click the link to the Single Sign On (SSO) menu to get a FAMIS one-time password.
- Log in to SSO.
- Copy the FAMIS one-time password.
- Return to the FAMIS OpenText/Host Explorer session.
- Paste the password in the password field and press Enter.
- Read the Bulletin Board for news/updates, and then press Enter.
- You should now be at FRS Screen 001.
Options to Help Clear Your FAMIS Screen
- Press the Pause/Break key.
- Click the CLR or Clear icon on your screen.
- If these options do not work, contact your computer support personnel and have them check your keyboard mapping.
How to Log Off of FAMIS
- In the Screen field of ANY screen, type SO for Sign Off.
- Press Enter.
- Depending on your session settings, the screen may go blank or return to the logon screen.
How to Lock Your FAMIS Screen
(Do this anytime you step away from your computer!)
- Press the Ctrl +Alt + Delete keys simultaneously.
- Press Enter to lock your computer.
How to Exit from a Pop-Up Window
- To exit from a pop-up window, press the PF4 key.
Using PF Keys for More Information
- Numerous screens have PF keys listed at the bottom to provide you with more information. By pressing the PF keys, pop-up screens may appear. To exit a pop-up screen, press PF4. Other PF keys will scroll the screen to the right or left providing extra columns of information.
Change Campus Part and Fiscal Year
- Screen 882 – Current Session Campus and/or Fiscal Year
How to Signup for the FMO LISTSERV
- Send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Do not enter a subject and clear any signature information in the body of the email
- In the BODY of the message type SUBSCRIBE FMOListserv [first name] [last name]
- Send the message
Using PF Keys on the Purchasing Inquiry Screens
(FRS MODULE – Screens 278-287)
- Position the cursor next to the document you would like to see. Press the desired function key displayed at the bottom of the pop-up screen.
Hints on Entering Data
- Always watch the message line (top line of the screen) for any error messages that may appear. Do not change screens without getting the message, “Record has been Successfully Modified” or you will lose data.
- Always press ENTER after inputting data on the Action Line (first line of data on the screen) before entering data on the screen. If you fail to press ENTER on the Action Line and proceed to complete the screen, you will lose all data the first time you press ENTER, and you will have to retype it.
Currently, there are four reference codes used in FAMIS. Specific transactions are associated with these codes. Each transaction code is identified below, along with related transactions. Reference codes can be seen on a number of FAMIS screens including Screens 23, 46, 47, 76, and 77.
- Reference #1 – PO #; Budget #
(Encumbrances, Vouchers, Credit Memos, Prepaid Vouchers, Prepaid Credit Memos, Revolving Vouchers, Revolving Prepaid Vouchers, Change Source of Funds, Multi-Vendor Vouchers, Budgets)
- Reference #2 – Voucher #; Bill #; Receipt #; Accounts Rec. Invoice #
(Disbursements, Vouchers, Credit Memos, Prepaid Vouchers, Prepaid Credit Memos, Revolving Vouchers, Change Source of Funds, Multi-Vendor Vouchers, Revolving Prepaid Vouchers, Interdepartmental Transfers, Receipts, A/R Addt’l Line Item Entry, A/R Line Item Adjust, A/R Line Item Payment)
- Reference #3 – Accounts Payable Check #; Teller #
(Disbursements, Prepaid Vouchers, Receipts)
- Reference #4 – Departmental Voucher #; Accounts Receivable Check #
(Vouchers, Credit Memo, Prepaid Vouchers, Prepaid Credit Memos, Revolving Prepaid Vouchers, Change Source of Funds, Multi-Vendor Vouchers, A/R Additional Line Item Entry, A/R Line Item Adjust, A/R Line Item Payment)
Purchasing Document Types/Classes
- Bid – PDB or B number
- Exempt – PEP or E number
- Number Invoice Problem – PIP or I number
- Limited – PLP or L number
- Purchase Order – PPO or P number
- Requisition – PRQ or R number
Frequently Used FRS Screens
Inquiry by Batch
124 – Accounts Payable Session/Batch Header List
127 – Accounts Payable Transaction Inquiry by Batch
624 – Accounts Receivable Session/Batch Header List
627 – Accounts Receivable Transaction Inquiry by Batch
024 – Financial Accounting Session/Batch Header List
027 – Transactions by Batch Reference and Date
Inquiry by Subcode
081 – Detail Transactions by Subcode
080 – Inquiry by Subcode
Object Code & Account Control Lists
306 – Exempt Object Codes
805 – GL Account Control Descriptions
806 – SL Object Code Descriptions (revenue & expense)
Fixed Assets Module (FFX) – Inventory
FFX Departmental Entry
535 – Departmental Inventory – used to change inventory locations, purpose & availability
583 – Acquisition/Disposal Methods
581 – Asset Class Code Table
508 – Asset Notes
534 – Asset Search by Dept/Sdept Code
536 – Asset Search by Tag #, Serial #, or Related Asset
531 – Asset Snapshot
540 – Building Information
506 – Debt Finance/Maint/Insurance Data
860 – Department Table- type * and press ENTER for a list
505 – Funding/Accounting Data
504 – Owner/Location Data
546 – Preliminary Fixed Asset Data
503 – Property Control Data
502 – Purchasing/Vendor Data
541 – Summary of Asset Data for Buildings/Components
523 – Transaction Inquiry by Asset
545 – View Preliminary Assets