Workday Services Team Update — Nancy Hamilton, Associate Director Workday Services, as the payroll functional area lead is retiring, and her last day in the office will be June 24th. To ensure a seamless transition and appropriate coverage for the payroll area, Sri Kamarthi, Associate Director, will assume the Workday payroll functional lead responsibilities going forward.
Virtual Platform Demos — Demonstrations of the virtual platforms System Members now have access to will be provided in June (Accelevents) and July (Aventri). Invitations for the June 23 demonstration of Accelevents have gone out. Invitations for Aventri will go out June 27th. Contact Dr. René Quiroz at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. We now have an executed contract for an additional vendor that provides a virtual platform for in person, hybrid, and fully virtual conferences. These contracts are available on the OIT website.
Workday Help Refresh Survey — Over the summer our Workday Help website will begin the process of improving its usability for our users. A survey went out to collect feedback from our users to inform future updates. Please take time to complete this survey if you have not already. Reminders were sent out Monday.
Workday Training Engagement — Two finalists have been chosen to support the development of foundational Workday curriculum. We anticipate contracting to begin late June/early July.
Workday Functional Areas
- Reminder — Almost five thousand employees currently have vacation that will roll to sick time off at the start of new fiscal year. Absence Partners can run the Employees Forfeiting Vacation report to see which employees are affected and follow up with them as needed. Notifications are going to employees at the beginning of the month (May-August).
- Eligible for 12 Over 9 Benefit Group FY2023 Important Dates:
- June 2: Eligibility list for FY2023 sent to each Company for review
- June 23: Each Company returns Eligibility list to Workday Services
- June 24: 12 Over 9 custom IDs for FY2023 are loaded to Workday
- Open Enrollment begins July 1 and ends July 31st
- Allowance Plans & Change Job — Allowance plans are no longer automatically removed during the Change Job business process. A warning message to review the plans is presented giving the user an opportunity to adjust as needed.
- Monthly and Biweekly Insurance Deduction Codes — Insurance deductions will now pull in for biweekly employees in less than 12 month annual work periods during the summer. The Custom ID of (D) deduct logic was removed from the monthly and biweekly insurance deduction codes.
- Step Help Text on Assign Pay Group — The Step Help Text on the Assign Pay Group Business Process now includes an introductory sentence and more concise wording.
- Routing in Termination Business Process — The To Do: Update Position Restrictions Costing Allocation and the To Do: Update Position Restriction Default Compensation in the Termination business process now have options for routing. Members can select one of three options.
- To Do: Update Position Restrictions Costing Allocation (HR Contact, HR Partner, or Budget Partner)
- To Do: Update Position Restriction Default Compensation (HR Contact, HR Partner, or Compensation Partner)
- Validation for TINS format in Edit Government ID Business Process — An error will now appear when a Texas Identification Number System (TINS) ID is added with dashes. This is to comply with requirements from the State.
- Validation for Working Graduate Fellow Other ID — An error will now appear when an invalid Working Graduate Fellow Other ID value is added.
- Sick Time Off Requiring Medical Note — Returns workers with more than three consecutive days of sick leave per time off request in the prompted Organizations and Date Range.
- Compensation Review Merit Award Audit — Can now be run without Organizations prompt.
- New Employees Event Status Summary — Now has a prompt for overall business process type and the option to exclude terminated Workers from the report.
- My Team’s Most Recent Performance Review Ratings — Now excludes canceled reviews.
- Performance Review Status — Has been removed from the Team Performance dashboard.
- Sick Pool Balance — Now includes terminated employees’ sick pool donations and usages.
Job Aid Conversion Project
We have converted 84% of all job aids to web page form
- June 15: Job Application Process
- June 29: Managing the Merit Process in Workday
- Delegations and Reassignments (webinar)
- Creating Questionnaires and Job Requisitions (webinar)