This job aid outlines the activities for an Employee or Retiree to add or change Medicare information for self or a Dependent in Workday.
Managing Your Medicare Information
To update your status in Workday, you will need your Medicare card or the Medicare card(s) of any Dependent(s) with coverage under your benefits package in Workday
- Your Medicare Number, also known as an MBI (Medicare Beneficiary Identifier), is an eleven digit number that has been assigned to you by Medicare. It does not contain your Social Security Number. Each dependent will have a unique MBI number. If you or your Dependent(s) have not received an MBI, contact 1‑800‑MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) before updating Workday
- Do not update Medicare information for your Dependents unless they qualify for Medicare
- If you are entering Medicare data for an event that occurred more than 90 days ago, contact your Human Resources Office before updating Workday
Manage Medicare Information
- Under the Medicare Details section, enter the Event Date and Reporting Reason
IMPORTANT: Do not select the Medicare Claim Number (HICN) button. HICNs are no longer used by the Federal Government.
- For the Medicare Reason, select one:
- Complete Parts A & B (and ESRD, if needed). In most cases the effective date is the first day of your birthday month or the date shown on the Medicare card.
IMPORTANT: Leave Part D blank as Medicare prescription enrollment is handled separately by your HR office.
IMPORTANT: Do not attach or upload files on this screen. Medical documentation and other sensitive information are kept separate from your Workday profile.
- Enter Comments, as needed.
- Select Submit.
- Select X to close the Manage My Medicare Information pop-up window.
Your Human Resources Office may contact you to provide proof of your Medicare change or assist you with a change to your benefits if needed.
This completes the Managing Your Medicare Information process.