This job aid outlines the process for an HR Partner, HR Contact, or Manager to assign or change the Company and TAMUS System Member Part during staffing events or as a standalone process if the defaulted information is incorrect.
Change Organization Assignments (Staffing Event)
- The Company and System Member Part assigned to the position should not be different than the Company and System Member Part assigned to the corresponding Supervisory Organization for the position.
- This process can be a stand-alone process or a sub-process (Inbox item) during the various staffing processes like Hire, Add Additional Job, Create Position, and Change Job.
- This business process should not be initiated as a standalone process unless there is a correction to be made.
- To perform this task as a stand-alone business process, search for the task Change Organization Assignment and enter the Effective Date and appropriate Supervisory Organization.
- Navigate to your Inbox.
- Open the Change Organization Assignment Inbox item.
- Review or edit the Company and TAMUS System Member Part, as necessary:
Note: Only the Company assigned to the Worker’s Supervisory Organization can be assigned to the position.
- Enter any comments, as needed.
- Select Submit.
The request will be routed to other individuals for additional steps. To view the next steps, open the Details and Process section and select the Process tab.
This completes the Change Organization Assignments business process.