This site is intended primarily for the use and benefit of System Offices Employees.
The System Offices Information Technology Services (SO ITS) has the following statement of mission, vision, and values. These define what SO ITS does, what we want to become, and the principles and ideals we strive for as we get results. Together, these guide our decisions, goals, objectives and culture.
Our team’s mission is to support the Information Technology (IT) systems which support the System Offices of The Texas A&M University System. In other words, we support the systems which support the System Offices that supports the A&M System.
Our vision is an improved quality of work life through the use of technology for the approximately 500 A&M System Offices personnel.
- A friendly work environment
- Honesty and integrity…these are non-negotiable
- Constant improvement
- Life-long learning and sharing information
- Unity in IT, diversity in ideas, and unconditional warm regards
- An open revolving-door policy (open door policy with rapid turn around time)
- Having fun!
- Positive relationships above and beyond everything else we do
- Respect for the privacy of others (as per applicable privacy laws and policies)
- Engineer, implement and maintain IT systems to fully leverage the potential of technology by minimizing system complexity and enforcing enterprise-wide standards
- Top quality customer service through:
- Informing and educating users
- Speaking in terms at the user’s level of understanding
- Explaining things in different ways
- Maintaining patience because it is OK for someone not to “get it” the first time they hear it
- On-site local and remote (out of town) technical support
- Business continuity
- Professional competence
- Generativity (to originate, create, produce and grow) through jam sessions of tech ideas
- Honor and respect the needs, cares, and feelings of others as we get results
- Assure data confidentiality, integrity and availability through data storage, backup and recovery
- Comply with Federal, State and local entity rules and regulations
- Recommend IT policies, standards and procedures
- Specify and install of all IT hardware and software acquisitions
- Offer mobile and remote access solutions
- Keep System Offices personnel informed of IT issues
- Provide on-going training in IT security and productivity software
- Consult with clients to improve business processes through the use of technology
- Learn new ways of secure, efficient and effective use of proven computer technologies
- Have a sense of humor to keep things light
Email the System Offices IT Services Help Desk at: SO-HelpMe@tamus.edu