The enhancements below were put into iBenefits on June 28th, 2011.
1. Dependent documentation updates. Dependent documentation information will update BPP from the iBenefits document. If the processor has updated the Documentation Verified date in iBenefits, the BPP Audit verify flag will be set to ‘V’ and the BPP Audit date will be updated when the document posts.
Dependents still in need of documentation will not have coverage added in BPP when the document posts. The documentation pending status shows on the Benefit Overview, Confirmation letters, benefit edit pages, and on the Dependent tab.
HR office contact information has been added to the Dependent Documentation box on the Dependent Details page. The HR fax number, if available, is listed in the box. Full HR Office information can be seen by clicking the “your Department HR Office’s web site” link. Users should click the “?” button next to “Required Document” to see exactly what type of documentation is required for the dependent based on the relationship to the employee. The “Dependent Documentation” information only appears when documentation is required and has not yet been verified.
There is a new Alert type for dependents needing documentation – “Dependent Documentation Required”. Select this Alert type from the drop down on the Alert Search tab to see all the iBenefits docs that have a covered dependent in need of documentation.
2. Dependents who are 25 years of age will be allowed to have Medical coverage only.
3. Update to spending account Post process. If the employee chooses an annual spending account amount that does not divide evenly by the number of months selected for deductions, the annual amount posted to BPP will be modified to reflect the exact total amount that will be deducted. For example, if the employee chooses $2000 over 12 months, the monthly deduction will be $166.66 and the annual total will be adjusted to $1999.92 on BPP.
4. References to A&M Care 350 and 1250 have been replaced with A&M Care. Additionally, those currently enrolled in First Care will automatically be switched to enrolled in the A&M Care plan.
5. New Beneficiary designation options.
- A free-form comment field has been added to the “Add Beneficiary” page.
- Employees will be able to select “per Will or Testament” or “Charity/Other Organization” as beneficiaries. If one these options is selected, the same fields used to enter individual information are available for entering contact information. However, fewer of information fields are required and there are different relationship options.
6. AE will open the night of Wednesday, June 29th. The bulk creation of over 10,000 documents will also happen that night. Only documents that were submitted during last AE will get created in advance. This action is simply to reduce load on the servers at the beginning of AE, any participant who is eligible for AE can create an AE doc by using the big blue button on their iBenefits home page.