If you have a large number of completions that require manual entry into TrainTraq, such as those for classroom courses, you can save time by uploading a batch completion file to TrainTraq.
To upload a batch completion file:
- Select the Completion Upload option in the Tools tab menu. The Batch Completions page displays.
- Download the Excel spreadsheet template by clicking the here link and saving the file to an appropriate location.
- Open the spreadsheet and resave the document with a name specific to the completions you wish to upload.For example: BatchCompletions_SmallGroupCommunications_10.15.2009.xlsx
- Enter the completion information into the spreadsheet by completing the EmployeeUIN, CourseNumber, CompletionDate, Score, and Notes fields (as applicable) for each completion to be uploaded.NOTE: The Score and Notes fields in the spreadsheet are optional.
- Once all of the appropriate information has been entered, save your Excel spreadsheet.
- Click the Select File button in the Upload section of the Batch Completions page in TrainTraq. A Select File pop-up window displays.
- Locate the Excel spreadsheet of completions you wish to upload, click to select the file, and then click the Open button in the pop-up window. The file is loaded to the system and the Upload Preview section is populated with the entries in the spreadsheet.NOTE: Entry rows with an error will be highlighted in pink and an error alert will display at the top of the page. The individual field(s) in error are a darker color than the other row fields.
- Correct any errors you may have in your file and repeat the steps to upload.
- Once you have reviewed the data and the Upload Preview is free of errors, click the Add Data to Transcript button. A pop-up window displays to verify your wish to add the completions to the appropriate transcripts.
- Click the OK button in the verification pop-up window. An alert message displays at the top of the page indicating that the completions uploaded successfully.