The Employee Assignments page allows you to create, edit, and remove course assignments for an employee.
Creating a Manual Course Assignment
The following section describes how to make a one-time, manual course assignment for an employee.
NOTE: Manual course assignments are immediate and are non-recurring. If you want to set up an automatic and/or recurring course assignment for a select group of employees, please refer to The Assignment Rules Page entry and supporting entries (limited to the Training Admin function only).
To create a new course assignment:
- Click the Assignments option located in the Employee tab menu. The Employee Assignments page displays.
- Select an employee using the Employee Search. The Employee Assignments page populates with the selected employee’s details and assignments.
- Click the Assign Course button located below the Employee Details section. The Assignment Details page displays.
- Click the Select Course button. The Course Search pop-up window displays.
- Locate the desired course by either scrolling/paging through the course listing or by entering information into the “Filter results by:” section and clicking the Search button.
- Click the Select button located to the left of the course you want to assign. The selected course number and title display in the Course field.
- Enter the date the course is due to be complete into the Due Date field. If typed, the date must be in MM/DD/YYYY format. Alternatively, you can click the Calendar icon to the right of the field and select the date from the calendar displayed.
- Click the Save button. The Assignment Details page updates to display the assignment information you provided and the newly assigned course will display in the Assigned Courses/Tasks section of the employee’s Home Page.NOTE: After a manual assignment is created, the employee will receive email notification of the new assignment based on the notification rule(s) designated for the course.
Editing a Course Assignment
Once a course assignment has been made, you can choose to edit the completion due date if desired.
To edit a course assignment:
- From the Employee Assignments page, select an employee.
- Click the Edit button located to the left of the course you wish to edit. The Assignment Details page displays.
- Enter the new date into the Due Date field. If typed, the date must be in MM/DD/YYYY format. Alternatively, you can click the Calendar icon to the right of the field and select the date from the calendar displayed.
- Click the Save button to save the new due date.
Removing a Manual Course Assignment
If a manual course assignment is created incorrectly or becomes unnecessary, it is possible to remove the manual assignment altogether.
NOTE: Automatically generated assignments based on the established assignment rules for a course cannot be permanently removed since removal of such an assignment will cause the assignment engine to re-assign the course the following day. If an automatically generated assignment needs to be permanently removed, you must instead add a manual completion for the course noting the reason.
To remove a manual course assignment:
From the Employee Assignments page, select an employee.
- Locate the course you want to remove.NOTE: Clicking the Remove button removes the assignment immediately without verification, so be certain you have located the desired course before moving to step 3.
- Click the Remove button located to the left of the course you wish to remove. The course assignment is removed and will no longer display in the Assigned Courses/Tasks section of the employee’s Home Page.