The Employee Assignments page allows you to create and remove program assignments for an employee.
Creating a Manual Program Assignment
The following section describes how to make a one-time, manual program assignment for an employee.
NOTE: Manual program assignments are immediate and are non-recurring. If you want to set up an automatic and/or recurring program assignment for a select group of employees, please refer to The Assignment Rules Page entry and supporting entries (limited to the Training Admin function only).
To create a new program assignment:
- Click the Assignments option located in the Employee tab menu. The Employee Assignments page displays.
- Select an employee using the Employee Search. The Employee Assignments page populates with the selected employee’s details and assignments.
- Click the Assign Program button located below the Employee Details section. The Program Assignment Details page displays.
- Click the Select Program button. The Program Search pop-up window displays.
- Locate the desired program by either scrolling/paging through the program listing or by entering information into the search section and clicking the Search button.
- Click the Select button located to the left of the program you want to assign. The selected program number and title display in the Program field.
- Enter the date the program is due to be complete into the Due Date field. If typed, the date must be in MM/DD/YYYY format. Alternatively, you can click the Calendar icon to the right of the field and select the date from the calendar displayed.
- Enter the appropriate number of days into the Completion Grace Days field. NOTE: This field indicates how long the system should look back through an employee’s transcript to identify courses included in the program which have previously been completed and should be accepted as credit toward the program completion.
- Click the Save button. The Program Assignment Details page updates to display the assignment information you provided and the courses contained in the newly assigned program will display in the Assigned Courses/Tasks section of the employee’s Home Page. NOTE: After a manual assignment is created, the employee will receive email notification of the new assignment based on the notification rule(s) designated for each course within the program.
Additional Information on program assignments
If you complete the steps above to create a manual program assignment and then see an alert message at the top of the Employee Assignments page, it is very important that you navigate to the System Log page to check for information on the alert shown. Many times, this is just an indication that part of the assignment was not made because a course within the program was already assigned or had already been completed. However, it may also indicate that the assignment was not processed.
To see details on the alert, either click the hyperlink within the alert text at the top of the page or select the System Log option located in the Reports tab menu and then read the details of the entry shown at the top of the page.
Removing a Program Assignment
If a manual program assignment is created incorrectly or becomes unnecessary, it is possible to remove the assignment altogether.
NOTE: Automatically generated assignments based on the established assignment rules for a program cannot be permanently removed since removal of such an assignment will cause the assignment engine to re-assign the program the following day. If an automatically generated assignment needs to be permanently removed, you must instead add a manual completion for the program noting the reason.
To remove a program assignment:
- From the Employee Assignments page, select an employee.
- Click the Assigned Programs tab to view all of the programs assigned to the employee.
- Locate the program you want to remove. NOTE: Clicking the Remove button removes the assignment immediately without verification, so be certain you have located the desired program before moving to the next step.
- Click the Remove button located to the left of the program you wish to remove. The courses included in the program assignment are removed from the Assigned Programs tab of the Employee Assignments page and will no longer display in the Assigned Courses/Tasks section of the employee’s Home Page.