The Employee Groups page allows you to create a new employee group.
NOTE: Before creating an employee group, it is important to understand that groups are a static list of employees. This means that you will need to regularly review and manage the list. You should also check to see if creating an assignment rule would satisfy your needs. For more information on making this decision, read Assignment Rules vs. Employee Groups: Which Do I Use?.
To create a new employee group:
- Click the Employee Groups tab. The Employee Groups page displays.
- Review the list of current employee groups to ensure there is not an identical group already created.
- Click the Create New Group button. The Group Details page displays.
- Enter a descriptive name for the group into the Group Name field.
- Select the appropriate workstation and ADLOC using the drop-down menus provided.
- Enter a detailed description of the group into the Description field.
- Click the Add button. The Group Details page refreshes to display the details entered for the group and the Manage Employees In Group section.
- Click the Edit Employee List button. The Employee Search pop-up window displays. The list of employees displayed in this window are automatically filtered based on the workstation and ADLOC previously defined.
- Locate the employees you want to add to the group by either scrolling/paging through the employee listing or by entering information into the “Filter results by:” section and then click the Add button to the left of each employee’s name.-OR-
If you prefer to add all of the listed employees to the group, click the Add All button located just above the employee list.
NOTE: Clicking the Add button changes the button to “Rmv.” If you add an employee to the group in error, simply click the Rmv button to remove them from the group. Additionally, if you need to remove all selected employees from the group, click the Remove All button located just above the employee list.
- Once you have added the required employees to the group, click the Close (X) button located in the upper right corner of the pop-up window. The Group Details displays the selected employees in the Manage Employees In Group Section.