The TrainTraq pages are organized by role. As an employee of the Texas A&M University System you will have access to one or more roles, depending on your job duties.
The TrainTraq roles and their functions are described below:
The Employee Role
All A&M System employees have the Employee role in TrainTraq. This gives the employee the ability to:
- View their training assignments and transcript.
- Search the course catalog for available courses offered by System Members.
- Launch and complete online courses.
- Register for classroom courses that allow registration via TrainTraq.
- Add learning & development (L&D) activities completed outside of TrainTraq such as conferences, classes or certifications from professional organizations, and job-related learning activities to their transcript.
- Access training support from their departmental and workstation processors.
The Manager Role
The Manager role is automatically given to employees who have direct reports. The role allows managers to view transcripts and make training assignments for their direct reports.
Managers have the ability to:
- View training assignments and transcripts for direct reports.
- Assign courses, programs, and tasks to direct reports.
The Processor Role (Departmental and Workstation)
Workstation and Departmental Processor roles are granted to designated individuals using the SSO role management system—typically when an individual’s job duties involve managing training compliance and making assignments for a department or TAMUS member.
- View training assignments and transcripts for employees.
- Assign courses and tasks to employees.
- Create and edit employee groups.
- View and make assignments to employee groups.
- Perform batch completion uploads.
The difference between a departmental and workstation processor:
- The primary difference is scope (for which employees the above functions can be performed).
- Departmental processors can perform the above functions for employees in a department or set of departments (Adlocs).
- Workstation processors can perform the above functions to employees for an entire TAMUS member (or members).
- When viewing Employee Roles as an SSO Administrator, the TrainTraq Workstation Processor role is TR-CENT-ADMIN. The Departmental Processor is TR-DEPT-ADMIN.
The Training Administrator Role
The Training Administrator role has the same functions as the Workstation Processor role. In addition, Training Administrators can edit the training catalog for the designated workstation(s) including adding, editing, and activating courses and course assignment notifications. In general, most System Members will need only one Training Administrator and a backup.
When viewing Employee Roles as an SSO Administrator, the TrainTraq Training Admin role is TR-TRAIN-ADMIN.
If a Training Admin also holds the SSO Central Admin role, they can grant the TrainTraq Departmental Processor role.