SSO application security is a shared responsibility between each of the system members and System IT. As part of the System IT responsibility, System IT has provided a number of resources to assist with the security review processes, including:
- Subject to some limitations, SSO automatically removes roles from terminated employees on a daily basis
- SSO’s Roles by Application and Employees with SSO Roles reports
- File Depot’s Guardian I-9 User List spreadsheet
- The Application Security Portal for reporting monthly and quarterly reviews
Additionally, SEA Support helps the ASOs oversee the member institutions’ monthly and quarterly review processes.
SEA Support Review Responsibilities
In addition to providing security review resources and overseeing the review process, SEA Support is responsible for conducting a monthly role review of its own. If SEA Support finds questionable role authorizations in effect, the authorizations in question will be removed at SEA Support’s discretion. If a particular member institution is continually deficient in its security reviews, SEA Support may also involve the System Chief Information Security Officer to enforce remediation.
Finally, SEA Support also conducts regular access reviews of these applications:
- Data Warehouse Report Portal
- Endowment Reports
- Event Registration
- HUB Reporting
- System Real Estate
- UIN Search