SSO supports logons for any person associated with the A&M System who has a valid Universal Identification Number (UIN). Such individuals can be given an Affiliate logon within SSO. It is NOT necessary for a person to be an employee or contingent worker in Workday to access SSO.
For example, an SSO administrator may want to create an Affiliate logon if a new/prospective employee does not have an SSO account yet or if a new contingent worker or contractor relationship is established and access to an SSO application is needed.
The process to create a SSO account for an Affiliate is as follows:
- If the individual needs a UIN, create the UIN using UIN Manager:
- Use the Search function to verify that the Affiliate does not already have a UIN
- Use the Add function to create the new UIN
- Use SSO’s Affiliate search function to find the person in SSO
- Enter the person’s current email address and save it
- Reset the person’s SSO password:
- The SSO “Reset Password” security authorization is required to perform this function
- Take note of the one-time password in case the person does not receive it via email
- Add any any required SSO applications to the person’s SSO menu:
- The SSO “User Links Management” security authorization is required to perform this function
- If you have this feature in your SSO admin role, you can do this yourself
- Or, another SSO admin at your institution with “User Links Management” can add the application’s to the individual’s menu
- Finally, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking Support to add the applications