- What if my travel was not booked within Concur? Will I still be able to get a reimbursement?
Yes, but all reimbursements must be made by submitting an expense report in Concur. However, by not booking through Concur you will lose some of the efficiencies the system provides. Contracts with multiple vendors are loaded into Concur so you must book through Concur or CTP to receive these discounts.
- How do I login?
You will login through SSO using your SSO login and password.
- Will someone else be able to create my request or expense report?
Yes, an assistant or some other delegate can create expense reports on a traveler’s behalf. The only requirement is that the traveler must set up the delegate as an expense delegate in Concur under their expense settings. The delegate can create an expense report, but the traveler is required to submit since that is the required signature. This can be done via a smartphone, which should decrease the processing time/reimbursement time.
- Do I have to give out my login in order for someone to create my report?
No. Once you have assigned them as a delegate your delegate(s) will login with their SSO login and be able to create the report on your behalf.
- What if I cancel a ticket?
If you booked through Concur, CTP Travel Agency will keep track of all of your credits, when applicable.
- How will I get help with making or changing a reservation?
CTP Travel Agency provides a 24/7 helpline.
- Is there a mobile app?
Yes. Concur for mobile is available for Blackberry, iPhone and Android devices.
- If I let someone edit my profile, will they see my cc info?
Only the last 4 digits of credit cards will be displayed.
- Will I be able to choose my favorite airline?
- Will I be able to use a personal credit card?
Yes, Concur allows the use of a personal credit card within its system. The only exception is for state contracted airfare on local funds or state funds and all airfare when purchased with state funds. The requirement to use a state issued Citibank credit card for the purchase of a state contracted airfare rate is the State’s requirement so Concur cannot change that. Use of a personal credit card instead of the state issued Citibank is not as efficient since those transactions are not automatically uploaded into your expense report nightly.
- Can I import my card charges?
Yes, but your transactions may not feed into Concur like they will if you use the Citibank corporate travel card. If your financial institution allows you to download your credit card charges to your computer, you may be able to upload them into your expense report. NOTE: Concur accepts OFX and QFX file formats. (These formats are commonly utilized by Quicken and Microsoft Money.) Concur does not currently accept debit card transactions. Also, the files must be 500 KB or smaller.
- Will I be able to store frequent flyer card information?
Yes, this is done in the employee profile in Concur.
- Will I be able to store airline preferences?
Yes, this is done in the employee profile in Concur.
- How do I upload receipts? Will I need a paper copy?
E-receipts will automatically be loaded for you. Non-electronic receipts can be uploaded by using the mobile app or sending them directly to Concur via email or fax. The original will only be required for Value Added Tax recovery when traveling to certain foreign countries.
- How do I account for expenses I incurred on behalf of another employee who traveled with me?
You will allocate their expenses on your report by utilizing the attendee function in Concur.
- What if I’m a student but traveling because I’m an employee?
You will use Concur just like any other employee.
- Can someone submit my report on my behalf?
No, the traveler’s certification is required.
- Can I approve my own requests and expense report?
- Will someone else be able to make my travel arrangements for me in Concur?
Yes. You will assign access in your Travel Profile to as many Assistant/Travel Arrangers as you need. This can include your assistant or business office personnel that handle travel arrangements for you. The implementation of Concur should have no effect on who makes your travel arrangements. The only restriction is they must be a participating members’ employee.
- Why should I use Concur?
System includes an online travel reservation system that is very similar to typical online travel reservation systems; built in business rules to assist travelers with the multiple travel rules; replaces the current paper intensive process; allows the traveler to do business via their smartphone with Concur’s mobile app. All of which facilitate quicker reimbursements.
- Will I have access to make reservations with all airlines, rental cars and hotels?
Yes. Concur offers the same inventory (Global Distribution System) as all of the airlines, rental cars, hotels and other travel agencies or travel systems offer. The advantage that Concur offers is they partner with JetBlue and Southwest Airlines as well as some parking lots and private car/taxi services so their inventory is more complete than any others. It truly is a one stop service which should reduce the time spent finding the best travel arrangements.
- Who has to use Concur?
- A – Any traveler whose expense will be charged to an account belonging to the following system members, including accounts administered by OSRS:Texas A&M University System, Texas A&M University, Texas A&M at Galveston, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Prairie View A&M University, Tarleton State University, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Texas A&M University-Texarkana, Texas AgriLife Research, Texas AgriLife Extension Service, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Texas A&M Health Science Center, Texas A&M University-Central Texas, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, and Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostics Laboratory.
- B – Any traveler who is an employee of the following when traveling to a foreign destination including Mexico is required to complete and submit the pre-trip authorization in Concur. This replaces any prior paper process and does not matter who is paying the expenses: Texas A&M University System, Texas A&M University, Texas A&M at Galveston, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Prairie View A&M University, Tarleton State University, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Texas A&M University-Texarkana, Texas AgriLife Research, Texas AgriLife Extension Service, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Texas A&M Health Science Center, Texas A&M University-Central Texas, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, and Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostics Laboratory.
- Can I book personal trips through Concur?
No, only business trips can be booked through Concur. If you are combining personal with a business trip, that is ok.