Here are the features automatically delivered by Workday in 2020 R1 and how they impact us:
The Add Payroll Input by Worker task is updated simplifying how you enter data for Workday-owned earnings and deductions. You no longer have to select the Special Entry box to be able to select the Workday-owned earnings and deductions in the Pay Component prompt.
Payroll Result Layout Changes
- When reviewing a payroll result, the Amount in Payment Currency column will no longer display when the pay group and payment currency are the same.
- For “In-progress” payroll results, the Amount as Text column has been removed and a new Payment Date Column has been added.
- On completed payroll results the Bank Column has been renamed to Bank Name, a new Status Column has been added and new “View Journal” button is displayed.
The Pay Results to Requires Recalculation task is no longer necessary as it duplicates the Smart Calculation functionality.
Two improved reports are available to support Form I-9 compliance
- Mass Print Form I-9 for Workers
- S. Employees with Expiring Form I-9 Document
The Job Classification field on the Hire, Add Additional Job and Change Job business process is now called Additional Job Classifications, improving clarity and consistency with other staffing business processes. The Job Classification field on job profiles is now called Job Classifications.
The Change Self-Identification of Disability task now supports the newest version of the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (Form CC-305).
Time and Absence
The design of the Time Off and Absence calendars has been changed to make them accessible with assistive technologies such as keyboards or screen readers.
Time tracking in the mobile app has new Check In and Check Out actions, notifications and a streamlined design.
An improved view of payslip information in mobile now provides a detailed breakdown of updates such as intuitive tables and graphs. This helps understand pay information, reducing the need to zoom in to read detailed information.
Searching for employees in reports and tasks has been streamlined, saving time and reducing manual effort. You will now see business title, supervisory organization and a photo on worker prompts, making it easier to select the correct worker.
Candidate Profiles now have the same look and feel of Worker Profiles.
The Workday Release Preview is available here