This job aid describes the business process for an Employee to display the pronunciation of their name in Workday.
- For some members, the business process will route to the Manager for approval.
- The pronunciation text you enter will appear on your Worker Profile underneath your name.
- Navigate to your Worker Profile and select Actions > Personal Data > Change My Name Pronunciation.
- Enter the pronunciation of your first and/or last name in the text box. Below are some guidelines:
- Try to sound out your name using as few letters as possible.
- Within each name, separate syllables with a hyphen (e.g., FILL-ip BAKE-er for Phillip Baker).
- Consider using capital letters for stressed syllables (e.g., kris-TEE-nuh LOW-pez for Christina Lopez).
- You can use real English words to spell-out syllables (e.g., GIN-ih-fur for Jennifer).
- See the Additional Resources tab for more examples.
- Select Submit.
Below are some example names and their phonetic pronunciations.
- Jonathan Thompson: JON-uh-thun TOMP-son
- Catherine Jimenez: CATH-er-in hee-MEN-ez
- Nancy Williams: NAN-see WILL-ee-ums
- Roberto Gutierrez: row-BER-toe goo-tee-ER-ez