Executed Contract with Aventri — We now have an executed contract for an additional vendor that provides a virtual platform for in person, hybrid, and fully virtual conferences. The contract is available on the OIT website.
New Team Member — Welcome Wes Wynn to the Enterprise Data Warehouse team! He will be supporting the EDW team with reporting in Workday. Wes has almost 25 years of experience with The A&M System and brings strong expertise in HR data analysis, internal and external reporting, and regulatory reporting.
Workday Help Redesign — Over the summer our Workday Help website will begin the process of improving its usability for our users. This will be a phased approach with initial changes to include basic theme changes and minor navigation changes.
Workday Functional Areas
Summer Premiums Process Important Dates:
- April 15: Deadline to exclude employees from Summer Premium Letter communication.
- April 18: Workday generates & sends Summer Premium Letter Communication to employees
- April 28: Workday adds “P” custom IDs for all BIWEEKLY employees who are still in <11.5 month appointments and do not have a “T” or “D” or “B” code set
- May 3: Deadline for Manually Changing any deductions for BIWEEKLY employees (May 4: B1 Paycalc)
- May 18: Workday adds “P” custom ID for all MONTHLY employees who are still in <11.5 month appointments and do not have a “T” or “D” or “B” code set
- May 25: Deadline for Manually Changing any deductions for MONTHLY employees (May 26: Monthly Paycalc)
Edit Deduction Codes — The current insurance deduction codes are being made inactive effective 5/1/2022. The last pay period that will use the current insurance deduction codes is the 5/6/2022 biweekly pay date. The current deduction codes will still be in use for arrears and retroactive pay prior to 5/1/2022. The new insurance deduction codes are effective 5/1/2022. The new deduction codes will be used on the 5/20/2022 biweekly pay date.
Renamed Deduction Code — The name of the earning code Teaching in Excess of 100% has been changed to Teaching in Excess of 100% – Faculty. The earning code Extra Pay Outside of Regular Job Duty can now be used as an allowance or a One-time Payment.
Add “Exempt” as a valid value for Custom Other ID I-9 — Exempt is now a valid value for I-9 Other ID
Change in Routing To Dos during Hire for Forms I-9 — The To Do: Complete Form I-9 Section 3 for Rehire and To Do: Complete Form I-9 in Guardian steps in the Hire business process now route with other administrative tasks to improve workflow.
Eligible for Rehire Defaults to Yes in Termination — The Eligible for Rehire field now defaults to Yes for voluntary terminations but can be manually edited at the users discretion.
SSN Warnings — An error will now display when a Social Security Number is entered that begins with 666 or 900 – 999.
Help Text for Edit Position — Onscreen help text was added to the Edit Position business process.
Legal Name Change Alert — A warning alert will display during Legal Name Change if the formatted First Name, Middle Initial and Last Name exceed 35 characters.
- Business Processes Awaiting Action by Security Group — Returns business processes awaiting action in the prompted Company, Security group, and Date Range.
- Legal Name for Print Check Exceeds 35 Characters — Returns workers with legal names exceeding the printing limit for checks.
- Audit – I-9 Completion for New Employees — Now called Audit – Missing I-9 Other ID for New Employees, and only returns data for employees without an I-9 Other ID record
- Compensation Spreadsheet — Now includes the columns Base Pay Segment, Prorated Base Pay, and Base Pay Exceeds Compensation Maximum.
- Workers Not Eligible for Rehire at Termination — Can now be run by HR Partner for system-wide results.
- Address Change Report — Improved for performance and renamed to Address Change – Updated.
- Contact Information Change Report — Improved for performance and renamed to Contact Information Change – Updated.
- Business Process Events – contains a prompt to only return the following business processes: Create Position, Close Position, and Edit Position Restrictions.
Job Aid Conversion Project
We have converted 60% of all job aids to web page form
- May 11: Job Requisitions and Questionnaires
- May 25: Delegations and Reassignments in Workday
- Edit Position (job aid)
- Background Checks – Updated Functionality (webinar)
- Merit Preview (webinar)
- Managing Goals in Workday (webinar)