November 10, 2020
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
1. Absence Management
- The Medical/Mental Health for Certain Veterans time off plan was updated to allow a maximum of 120 hours to carryover from one fiscal year to the next.
- FMLA Leave of Absence eligibility has been updated to use estimated hours worked to determine whether the 1250 hour criteria has been met.
- A new To Do has been created directing the Employee to The Hartford’s website through a link to complete an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) when required. This replaces the To Do informing them that a paper EOI will be sent to them within 14 days.
- The Child Life insurance plan is now effective the date of birth/adoption instead of the first of the month after.
- Retirement benefit events will now map AD&D and Spouse life insurance plans. This means they will be defaulted into the equivalent Retiree version of the plans (including Beneficiaries) when they first open their retirement benefit event, saving Employees time and clicks.
3. Calendar Year End Processing
- Workday reports you should be running now to help you prepare for year end:
- Percent Based Calendar Year Deductions
- Company W-2 Audit
- W-2 Preview
- Audit – Negative Wages or Tax (by Worker)
- View W-2 Errors
- You may use the Employee W-2 Print Election report to identify Employees receiving a hard copy W-2. Let me know if you want the Workday "alert" to Employees encouraging them to sign up to receive their W-2 electronically.
- Reminder: There is no Screen 307 equivalent in Workday. To make changes to the W-2 you must enter the appropriate manual payments / corrections into Workday on one of the remaining 2020 biweekly payrolls.
- The last biweekly payroll of 2020 is Friday, December 11 and the first payroll of 2021 is Monday, December 21. It would be in your best interest to get all corrections done prior to or on the last biweekly payroll of the year.
- Printing and mailing of the W-2 and 1095-C forms will again be outsourced. Electronic versions will be available to Employees in Workday.
- A new two–month academic pay period is now available, May 16 – July 15.
- All earning codes subject to State Unemployment Tax have been updated with the SUI taxable pay component group and the Company State and Local Wages set-up has been to calculate the SUI tax at zero percent. The State unemployment tax will still be calculated in FAMIS. This was done in order to populate the data on the Tax Filing Quarterly Data for Worker – Additional Data for the Columns Active in the Month and Active on the 12th Day of the Month. The Pay Results will not indicate on the Additional Pay Components tab the SUI ER Wages. The SUI ER deduction will be zero.
- Three new memo Earning Codes: EFLMEA – Memo, EPSL$200 – Memo and EPSL$511 – Memo. These will be used to map the amount paid for the leave to Box 14 on the W-2.
- The TAMUS Annual Contribution Limit Per Fiscal Year has been updated with the new limit for FY2021. The new limit is $58,000.00.
- A new eligibility rule has been added to the Overtime – FLSA earning code to prevent time entry from pulling into a Monthly Salaried Employee’s pay result. A payroll input can be entered on the monthly payroll for this earning code.
- The FLSA Wages related calculation on the Overtime – FLSA earning code did not have the retro adjustment box checked during implementation. The FLSA Wages related calculation has been edited, and the retro adjustment box has been checked.
- The Longevity Pay Total Service earning code has a new eligibility rule to prevent longevity from paying twice when an Employee transfers to another company. It will now only pay from the company/position that the Employee occupied on the first working day of the month.
- Supplemental Payrolls
- Calculate on January 6, 2021; pay day January 8
- Calculate on February 3, 2021; pay day February 5
- Calculate on March 3, 2021; pay day March 5
- Calculate on August 4, 2021; pay day August 6
- New reports:
- Longevity Overpayment Due to Unpaid Time Off returns employees who have received / will receive longevity pay but were in Unpaid Time Off status on the first working day of the month.
- Employee Goals by Organization returns Employees who have active goals, their goals, and the associated details by goal creation date.
- Employees Becoming Benefit Eligible returns employees with a Hire or Change Job event into a benefit eligible position in the specified organization.
- Benefit Data for Worker returns an Employee’s benefit-related data in the same report.
- The Pay Result for Tax Reconciliation report has been updated with an additional SSN field. Additionally, the report is no longer available to those with Payroll View Only role.
- New Worklet – Events Completed After Effective Date has been added to the Bottleneck Analysis tab of the Event Analysis Dashboard. It returns a count of events completed after their respective effective dates, grouped by Business Process Type and Event Completion Month.
- The Missing Pay Group or Payment Election report has been updated with:
- New field: Position Fill Date
- New prompts: Only Return Missing Pay Group and Only Return Missing Payment Election
- Added a new tab "Benefit Data" to the Benefits screen on the Worker Profile page.
- Added new worklet – Work Study Awards Approaching Limit to the Impacting Events tab of the Pre-Payroll Dashboard (Prism). In this worklet, Users can view current work study remaining award amounts on the work study file at any time (there is no need to tie to an in-progress payroll).
- Business Process Events – Worker Staffing Details has been updated with additional prompts for event effective date ranges: (On or After and On or Before).
- Employee Goals Pending Approval is now available to Talent Analyst and Talent Analyst View Only roles.
- Audit – I-9 Completion for New Employees has been updated with new fields:
- Step Completed By
- Email of Completed By
- Enhancements & Fixes:
- The ORP Non-Vested Employer Funds Other ID is now editable on terminated Worker records.
- Text was updated in the following areas to provide additional information, instruction or corrections:
- Edit Position Restrictions To Do
- Required Notice on Worker’s Compensation
8. Workday Training Services
- New Resources in development:
- EOI (Evidence of Insurability) job aid
- Dependent Care and Health FSAs job aid
- BARs job aid
- Compensation Survey reference guide
- Job aids and reference guide on assigning security roles
- Upcoming webinars: Preparing for Year End (Payroll) and Compensation Surveys
- We encourage all members to take steps to protect the sensitive data that is obtained from us through File Depot. Read our procedural recommendations.
- Please do not send encrypted emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Service Desk has no way to decrypt them.
10. Tip of the Month
- Delegations in Workday
- Beware of selecting the option to delegate inbox tasks "For all Business Processes".
- Selecting the option to "Retain Access to Delegated Tasks in Inbox".
- Delegation Expiration Alert Notification Report returns delegations in specified organization that are going to expire in the next 10 days.
- Delegation Terminated Alert Notification Report returns delegations in specified organization when the delegated Worker is terminated.
- Current Delegations returns all delegations for the specified organizations. Details include the delegating Worker, delegation duration, delegate, affected business processes, and delegation configuration.
Next meeting December 8