March 9, 2021
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
1. Absence Management
- The longevity state service accrual eligibility rule was updated to correct an issue where retiring Employees’ state service and vacation were recalculating once a retirement status was added.
- A new To Do step has been created in the Death of Employee benefit event when the Spouse is enrolled in Medicare A&B and D. The To Do instructs the Benefit/Retiree Partner to email SBA to transfer Employee Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) to the Surviving Dependent.
- Benefit Partners will now receive a notification when an Employee elects Alternate Basic Life (ABL) with instructions on sending a paper Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form.
- Modifications to the Student FICA Exemption integration, INT060, were implemented on 3/4/2021. Roughly 200 workers who were exempt from FICA will be changed to non-exempt. These are primarily workers who are in non-student worker positions and Foreign Nationals that had the exemption reason of Student Rule 3121(b) (10), but based on the Banner file are no longer eligible for the student exemption.
- FLSA Configuration
- A notice was received from Workday's Customer Service Center, ID:NTFID-1482 that there was a potential problem with our FLSA configuration. The notice stated that all pay component related calculations must have the "Bring Forward Difference" enabled.
- A review was completed of our FLSA configuration and no issue was found. The FLSA wages related calculation does have the "Bring Forward the Difference" enabled. Also, Workday advised running the Workers with FLSA Adjustments Impacted by Related Calculation Settings Bring Forward Difference Report be ran to identify any impacted workers. The report was ran and no data was returned.
- Please review any current retro entries for Overtime – FLSA pay component to ensure that the hours and rate of pay are calculated correctly.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nancy Hamilton.
- New report:
- Worker Ineligible Time Off Balances returns time off balances for time-off plans the worker is no longer eligible for.
- Updated reports:
- Benefit Census – TAMUS now includes an optional prompt for Benefit Group and replaces the Benefit Census report.
- Employee Compensation Details by Job Profile now has additional field Job Profile.
- Enhancements & Fixes:
- A To Do step to I-9 Partner was added to the Complete Form I-9 Section 3 business process to update two custom Other IDs when a Form I-9 originally completed in Workday is updated.
- Implemented the Worker Start Date Correction business process that enables users to request a change to a hire date and automatically updates the effective date on subsequent sub processes of Hire and Onboarding with minimal manual effort.
- Newly hired Employees may already have a UIN under their current or former name. It’s okay to ask the new Employee if they have ever used other first or last names, then thoroughly research in UIN Manager and Workday before creating a new UIN.
6. Workday Training Services
- Upcoming webinars:
- March 4th and 9th — Workday Release Preview
- March 24th — Performance
- March 31st — Summer Appointments and Insurance (Faculty and Graduate Students)
- New Training Materials
- Request Worker Start Date Correction — webinar and job aid
- Effective with the May 11, 2021 meeting, hosting duties will be transitioned to René Quiroz, Associate Director, Workday Services Education and Training.
- The quarterly SSN verification should be completed this week. I will send a notification when the results are available in File Depot.
8. Tip/Demo — Always review the comments area for inbox tasks
Next meeting April 13