July 14, 2020
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Three New Academic Pay Periods are now available:
- 10.5 Month (July 16 – May 31)
- 10.5 Month (Aug 16 – Jun 30)
- 12 month (Aug 16 – Aug 15)
- An error message will now display on the Request One Time Payment business process when it is submitted without adding the one-time payment.
- The Deduction Priority List, the order in which payroll deductions are processed, is now available on the Workday Help site: Payroll Schedules.
- Staffing changes that impact Open Enrollment
- If an employee has a staffing change in September or October that is RETRO to 9/1, and it results in them being in a different benefit group (Full Time Monthly, Part Time Biweekly, etc.), their Open Enrollment will have to be rescinded and redone.
- When the Open Enrollment event is reopened, the employee will have 8 days to make the elections. The Open Enrollment event cannot be finalized until those 8 days have passed.
- During those 8 days, Medical, Dental & Vision enrollment will revert back to FY20 coverages. Life insurance & spending accounts will disappear entirely.
- If a payroll runs during those 8 days, it will take deductions based on the FY20 coverages for Medical, Dental & Vision. It will not deduct any premiums for life or spending accounts. Retro payroll processing should calculate the difference for the Medical, Dental, and Vision. The difference between the FY20 and FY21 rates will then be deducted on the next payroll. The Life Insurance deductions and the spending accounts will have an effective date of 09/01 when the event is finalized, and the retro payroll processing will pick it up and deduct at the FY2021 rates from the next payroll. The Payroll Partner should not have to take any action on these.
- If you have retro turned off, you will need to process any corrections manually.
- The following earning codes can no longer be used as one-time payments. These are used for Pay Inputs, On Demand and Manual Payments only:
- Death Occurred Final Regular Salary / Regular Hours (Current Calendar Year)
- Death Occurred Final Regular Salary / Regular Hours (Prior Calendar Year)
- A new payroll action reason code – Emergency Check with All Deductions – has been added for On Demand Payments.
- Save for Summer
- The integration to create the summer payouts will be launched in June, July and August, a few days prior to the initiation of the monthly payroll. Like last summer, biweekly employees need to be handled manually.
- The Save for Summer program doesn’t require re-enrollment. Workday Services will send the EIB template received from the System Member last August for edits and updates. The template was sent June 9, 2020. Please return the edited templates to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by August 21, 2020.
- System Members that need an EIB loaded for Parking deductions for FY2021 will need to send the completed template to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by August 21, 2020.
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Please DO NOT cancel or abort a payroll calculation process once it has started. Cancelling a running process before it completes can cause problems with the accounting entries downstream. If you feel like you need to cancel/abort a process, please contact Workday Services Operations or Payroll first.
- It is highly recommended that you complete your retro processing the day/night BEFORE we calculate the payroll. If you wait until the morning of the payroll calculation, the competition for resources is much greater and just slows everything else down. This is why we ask you to complete it by close of business the day before the payroll calculation and settlement.
- For off-cycle payments, please make sure you use the correct pay date for the cycle we are processing. We continue to see this problem on most payrolls. Use the “Pay Calculation Off-cycle Inputs for Group of Workers” report to identify payments with a bad pay date. Run for all pay periods processed so far in Workday.
- For off-cycle payments, please use a pay period already completed. Do not put these on a future pay period. There is no guarantee that we are going to catch these and give you the opportunity to fix them, which delays the process for everyone. It’s more likely that they will not be processed.
- When you are “ready for payroll”, please do not start working on the next payroll until you receive the inbox item regarding tax reporting for the payroll we are running.
- When you see that a report or job is in a “queued” status, it only make matters worse when you submit the same process again. All that does is add more to the already full queue.
- The current Offer Business Process Step label of "Review Offer Letter" has been updated to "Company Name – Review Offer Letter" (Company Name equals your University or State Agency). This update will be visible on the Offer Business Process Definition, in the External Candidate Portal, Internal Candidate Inbox, and the recruiting grid.
- Job Applications (both default and faculty) now require that a complete address be added to the application. A complete address includes Address Line 1, City, State and Zip code. Address Line 2 has been added to the address block on the application but is not a required field.
- The Resume / CV section title has been updated and instructional text has been added on the Job Application Templates (Default and Faculty).
- New reports:
- Employee Non Benefit-Related Additional Data Answers returns Employees’ privacy flag, direct deposit declaration, and state veteran’s preference and will be used to audit and verify compliance, appropriate responses, etc.
- FMLA and EFMLA returns both FMLA Leave of Absence and time off along with Emergency FMLA time off.
- Open Enrollment Discrepancies returns eligible Workers with no Open Enrollment events initiated and Workers no longer eligible for Open Enrollment events. This report will be used during Open Enrollment (OE) by Benefits Partners, Retiree Partners, and SBA to review OE events to ensure Employees/Retirees are given the correct OE event for the new plan year. This report can be run using prompts for Company or Retiree Organization.
- The Spouse Life Exceeds Limit report has been renamed to Dependent Life Exceeds Limit and now includes Employees/Retirees who are not enrolled in Optional Life insurance but are enrolled in Child Life insurance.
- The Dependents Requiring Documentation report has been modified to exclude inactive dependents.
- The Time Summary Review report now prompts for Company and Employee Type that aggregate all worker’s positions. The Pay Group prompt has been changed to Pay Rate Type.
- The TRS Hire on the Last Day of the Month report has been modified to include additional Job Change types that change the employee to TRS eligible: Promote Employee, Transfer Employee, and Demote Employee
- Enhancements & Fixes:
- Added an additional data item called Preservation Hold Custodian to support the Office of General Counsel’s Preservation Hold Custodian standards and set up two associated security roles, General Counsel Partner and IT Partner, to modify and/or view the data.
- Updated the Assign Pay Group step in change job to now trigger when a Non-Employee Benefits Only worker (NEBO) moves to a paid worker.
- A validation was added to the initiation of the Hire, Change Job, and Add Job business processes to prevent adding a value greater than 40 for scheduled hours.
- The A&M System Risk Management office notified us that they intend to discontinue use of the Workday Safety Incident Tracking functionality at the end of FY2020. Workday Services will inactivate the Workday functionality according to the specified dates below:
- July 31st: Inactivate access to Safety Incident submissions or edits (we will remove access from the Safety Worklet and to the Business Processes).
- August 1st – 31st: Members can download Workday Safety reports and transfer data to Origami.
- September 1st: Reporting in Origami begins (the Safety Worklet will link to Origami).
6. Time and Absence
- Updates have been made to the FMLA plan to prevent errors from triggering incorrectly when the employee has sufficient hours remaining in the fiscal year for the time off requested.
7. Workday Training Services
- Annual Webinars
- Open Enrollment Training on TrainTraq
- Job Aid redesign
- eLearning courses up and coming
- Onscreen Text improvements
- The Summer Staffing Changes Impact to Open Enrollment presentation has been posted to the Workday Help Site under Webinars.
- The Spotlight on Search Committees presentation has been posted to the Workday Help Site under Webinars.
- The Onboarding Dashboard presentation has been posted to the Workday Help Site under Webinars.
- Workday Wednesday: Managing Merit in Workday
- This webinar will walk you through the various activities required for those who manage the annual merit process in Workday. These activities include, entering merit awards, maintaining the merit pools, managing employee participation, and using merit reports.
- Target Audience: HR Partner, Merit Partner, and Managers* (*Note: Managers are not directly invited to Workday Services webinars. Please feel free to forward the invitation to meet the needs of your member)
- Presenters: Sri Kamarthi, Workday Services – Compensation
- July 15, 2020, 10:30am – 11:30am
- Link to Meeting: https://tamus.webex.com/tamus/j.php?MTID=m458986b8bd11cebf7a23d898f7564e7a
- Dial in Audio: 1-415-655-0003
- Access Code: 145 164 0814
- Workday Wednesday: Request Absence – A Single Process to Request Employee Absences
- Workday has improved functionality that allows Request Absence to provide a more efficient approach for an Employee to request Time Off or a Leave of Absence. Employees can now request both a Time Off and a Leave of Absence in one singular process. Multiple types of Time Off, varying hours on different days are now possible without having to do multiple requests. Join us to learn more about the Request Absence business process and how you can share with your Employees this efficient method for requesting time out of the office.
- Target Audience: Absence Partners, Managers* (*Note: Managers are not directly invited to Workday Services webinars. Please feel free to forward the invitation to meet the needs of your member)
- Presenters: Amy Suter, Workday Services –Time and Absence
- July 22, 2020, 10:30am – 11:30am
- Link to Meeting: https://tamus.webex.com/tamus/j.php?MTID=m46d1aaab41e83afc9fd321551f11fa0d
- Dial in Audio: 1-415-655-0003
- Access Code: 145 790 0554
- For questions about these events, please email Workday Services Education and Training.
- For the latest Workday Updates, see the Current Release Notes on the Workday Help site home page.
- When submitting SORs for access to the SSO Web Applications or Enterprise Data Warehouse, please use the correct forms.
- In order to load an EIB, Workday Services requires a completed EIB Request Form to be submitted. The form is located on the Workday Help Site > Support >Forms.
Next meeting August 11