January 12, 2021
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
1. Calendar Year End Processing
- Workday reports you should be running now to help you prepare for year end:
- Percent Based Calendar Year Deductions
- Company W-2 Audit
- W-2 Preview
- Audit – Negative Wages or Tax (by Worker)
- View W-2 Errors
- The 2021 IRS tables were updated by Workday over the holidays, after the calculation of the January 4 biweekly and monthly pay dates.
- The final payroll you will be able to make corrections on for the 2020 W-2s will be calculated on January 13. I plan to start getting the W-2 files ready for the vendor on January 14. When making corrections for 2020 on payrolls with a 2021 pay date, please use 12/31/2020 for the pay date.
- We now have the ability to mask the SSN on the W-2 PDF form. The format is XXX-XX-1234. If you want this option for your System member and have not already communicated that to me, please do so ASAP.
- Printing and mailing of the W-2 and 1095-C forms continues to be outsourced. Electronic versions will be available to Employees in Workday.
- Once I have completed the processing and published your W-2s, they will be available electronically in Workday to all your Employees, including the ones getting a paper copy.
- Please email me when you are ready for me to create your W-2 and/or 1042-S file. Remember, you will be performing the Accu-Wage testing yourself this year. For those of you with Employees working in states with SIT, please list the states you need W-2 files created for when requesting your W-2 file.
- A new payroll action reason code, W-2 Processing – Memo Earnings, has been added to process EPSLA and EFMLEA for the 2020 W-2 Box 14. This has been added to the run category for Off Cycle manual payments.
- The Payment Elections business process now allows the Payroll Partner to Rescind the Payment Election event and to give HR Partner view access to the events.
- New reports:
- Events Impacting Billing returns completed events that may change billing participation or change premiums for those on billing. Use to identify individuals who may need to come on/off of billing and event details to research premium changes on invoices.
- Retro Emergency Leave for Notification returns absence requests coded as EPSL or EFMLEA that may impact the CY2020 W-2Box 14 for the Worker. Payroll Partners and Tax Compliance Partners will receive a notification to review the change and make any necessary payroll correction entries.
- Updated reports:
- Employee Academic Pay Settings by Organization updated with additional fields: Employee ID, Employee Last Name, Employee First Name, Position, and Worker Type.
- Beneficiaries Not Tied to a Benefit Plan now excludes inactive and deceased Beneficiaries. Additionally, prompts for Company and Retiree Organization have been added.
- Employees Becoming Benefit Eligible now now includes hire transactions with a future effective date.
- The To Do step for the Employee in the Add Additional Job business process has been replaced with a To Do step to the HR Contact to trigger the Edit Worker Additional Data action questions “Insurance and Retirement Benefits Eligibility Questions” to the Employee.
- Updated business processes Create Position, Change Job and Termination to allow for transfer of a terminating Employee to a new position during a job overlap period.
- Valid value validations will be added for the Background Check and Mail Stop Other IDs this month. Speak with your Staffing Working Group representatives for additional information.
- The Staffing Working Group and Onboarding Working Group are now merged into a single working group with representation from all System Members, effective January 2021.
5. Talent and Recruiting
- The Performance Review Inbox task labels have been updated to provide a clearer understanding of the tasks awaiting in the Manager and Employee’s inbox.
- The Performance Review Business Process has been updated to send the Get Additional Reviewer step to the Manager first, followed by the Get additional Manager Evaluation step second (after the Get Additional Reviewer is completed or skipped, and the self-evaluation is submitted, if in use).
- All Performance Review Templates have been updated to use the new naming convention and user experience. The question and Instructions on the Manager/Employee meeting have been updated. The Review of Responsibilities section has replaced the Responsibilities section on appropriate templates. The Employee and Manager Acknowledgement statuses have been updated and split between the Manager and Employee responses.
- Members now have the option to select who the 'To Do: Update Position Restrictions' task at the end of the performance review process is assigned too. They can choose, Primary Manager (current selection for all), HR Contact, or HR Partner.
- HR Contact and HR Partner roles now have access to the Performance Review Acknowledgement Audit report.
- The Talent Analyst View Only role now has access to the following reports:
- Goal Setting Performance Review Process
- Performance Review Process (All)
- Performance Review Process (All) – Most Recent Event
- Performance Review Process (Incomplete)
- Performance Review Rating Report (Overall Rating of 1 or 2)
- Performance Review Acknowledgement Audit
6. Workday Training Services
- Upcoming webinars:
- Jan 13th — Students as Employees
- Jan 27th — Keeping Organizations Organized
- Security Roles webpage
- Working in Workday eLearning courses
- Completing Performance Reviews — job aid overhaul
- Workday University virtual characters
- Training team personnel update
- The SSN Verification process was completed 01/05/2021. Please review the data in File Depot and take the needed action prior to W-2 processing.
- The SSO folks have a reminder on their calendar to delete all pay stubs from HRConnect. This would be for years 2017 and prior. There have been no objections from any member Payroll Offices.
8. Open Position at Workday Services
- For external candidates, use this link: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUS_External/job/College-Station-SO/IT-Business-Analyst-I_R-034501.
- For internal candidates, use the career worklet in Workday and search for Business Analyst 1 in College Station at the System Offices.
9. Tip/Demo — Using Workday Help to Find Training Resources
- Locating Workday elearning courses
- Search versus navigation
- Adding Webinars to your calendar
Next meeting February 9