February 9, 2021
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
1. Absence Management
- Employees in the Annual Work Period (12 Month starting August 16 – August 15) were previously not accruing Sick and Vacation time. This AWP has been included into the Paid Time Off calculations and should now have the correct Paid Time Off accruals.
- The Create Job Requisition and Create Evergreen Requisition business processes now automatically populate the current versions of the default Primary Internal and External Questionnaires, reducing the errors in selecting the current version of the questionnaires.
- The default Primary Internal and External Career Site Questionnaires have been updated, changing the State of Texas Veterans Status to a Multiple Choice – Single Select option.
- The Nepotism and State of Texas Employment questions have been changed to require more details if the Candidate responds with a 'yes'.
- These questionnaire names will end with the month and year they are released.
- To support the recent changes in how we handle TRS for Employees enrolled at multiple system members, a new TRS/ORP Override custom ID value of X was added in the Edit Other ID process. This ID is used to exclude someone from TRS eligibility in the rare situation when TRS reports that they should not be contributing. No dates will be required for X. Validations for a required expiration date will be added for the TRS/ORP Override custom ID value E.
- The Hire Benefit events for Part 02 and Part 23 hires will no longer trigger automatically. Instead, a "To Do" step will go to the Benefits Partner telling them to launch the appropriate benefit event based on the Employee's desired benefit start date.
- Due to the Federal COVID relief bill, Employees will be able to change their Flexible Spending Account (FSA) without a qualifying life event for the remainder of this plan year and the next plan year. The Dependent Daycare Provider Cost/Hour Change benefit event was renamed Flexible Spending Account Change and allows changes to both the Dependent Care FSA and the Healthcare FSA.
- The Review Documents step will no longer trigger when a Benefits Partner deletes a Dependent.
- New Benefit Event: Birth/Adoption – Coverage Effective 1st of the Month on or Following is now available for use by Benefit Partners when adding a new Grandchild or when a new Child is added to coverage outside of the 60-day enrollment window.
4. Calendar Year End Processing
- Our W-2 vendor confirmed delivery of the paper W-2 forms to the Post Office on January 25.
- The electronic W-2s were published in Workday for all members by January 22.
- Once you have made corrections in Workday that impact a prior year W-2, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the UINs you need W-2Cs created for and the tax year. Workday Services will create the W-2C forms in Workday. After you have reviewed for accuracy we will publish, making it available to the employee. You will still need to file the information with the SSA, just like you have always done.
- Statistics for our third year-end in Workday:
- Total W-2s 61,405
- Total printed 25,559
- % electronic 58.38 (Sadly, a 0.18 decrease from 2019)
- Current list of improvements for 2021 processing:
- Better understanding of individual state requirements
- Automated employee notification when W-2s are published
- Continue to press Workday for a solution to encourage electronic sign-up. For example, modify the publishing process to allow publishing for those getting a paper copy separately from those choosing electronic.
- The MSO (Manager, Supervisor and Other) Code has been moved from the Job Level field to Job Classification in the Job Profile.
- Validation Rule: Bank Account Length — A validation rule has been added to the Payment Election Enrollment Event business process to prevent an Employee from entering an erroneous account number on their payment elections. Per ACH standard’s, the Payee’s bank account number must be between 4 and 17 digits.
- Eligibility Rule – Longevity Pay Additional Job — The pay component Longevity Pay Additional Job has been updated to include logic for when the Employee type is Faculty and the additional job classifications is No, it will not pay longevity.
- Medical Spending Account – Navia — has been updated to include a calendar year to date limit to keep Employee from exceeding the year to date amount for the deduction.
- A new eligibility rule has been added to Benefit Insurance Deductions to prevent them from paying twice or cost incorrectly when an Employee transfers from one Company to another Company.
- The Custom ID of P – Summer Benefit Deductions has been updated so the deductions will stop in June, July, and August. The biweekly will stop with the first day of the pay period on the June B1 payroll, and the expiration date will be the end date of the pay period before the first biweekly pay date in September.
- Inbox filters have been created for the Payroll Partner role:
- Assign Costing Allocation
- Assign Pay Group
- One-Time Payments
- Pay Cycle Events
- On-going Pay Inputs & Withholding Orders
- New reports:
- Positions for Job Overlap Period returns positions created using the Job Overlap reason.
- Student Employees with Visas Hired or Terminated During Date Range includes additional fields: I-9 E Verification Completed, Alien Work Authorization Expiration Date, Visa Expiration Date, Passport Verification Date and Passport Expiration Date and replaces the ISS – Student Employee Terminations and ISS – Student Employees Hired or Paid reports.
- Biweekly Payroll Review and Monthly Payroll Review both return payroll results and details for the prompted Company and Periods.
- Updated reports:
- Employee All Jobs and Direct Report Manager is now available to Manager, Timekeeper, and Time Tracking View Only roles.
- Business Process Booklet is now available to the Business Process View Only role.
- Find Workers has been updated to allow for filtering on Company and additional filters now accommodate Workers with multiple positions. This report is now shared with the following groups:
- Compensation View Only
- HR View Only
- Student Employment Partner View Only FERPA
- Talent Analyst View Only
- Current Worker Detail prompts have been changed to only include Organizations and Subordinate Organizations.
- Compensation Spreadsheet now displays each compensation plan and their respective amounts in separate columns.
- Updated Event Analysis Dashboard
- New tab Milestone Analysis includes three Worklets:
- Request Compensation Change
- Additionally, new report Milestone Analysis for Onboarding is available through a link on this new tab and returns average days between each milestone step for Onboarding business processes in specified Companies.
- New tab Milestone Analysis includes three Worklets:
- Enhancements & Fixes:
- A validation has been added in the Edit Government ID business process that prohibits adding Social Security Numbers with all zeros in any digit group (000-##-####, ###-00-####, ###-##-0000).
- Validations were added to the Change Job, Hire, Add Additional Job and Edit Position business processes to prohibit overriding the MSO Code value.
- Valid value validations have been added for the Background Check and Mail Stop Other IDs. Speak with your Staffing Working Group representatives for additional information.
- Modified conditions in the Contact Change business process so the Complete State Withholding Elections step triggers when an Employee updates their primary address and a notification is sent to Payroll Partners when the State in the new address is not Texas.
- A To Do step was added in the Complete Form I-9 Section 3 business process to prompt the I-9 Partner to update custom Other IDs when a Form I-9 originally completed in Workday is updated using the Complete Form I-9 Section 3 business process.
- The security role International Student Services View Only has been inactivated; those individuals previously assigned this role have been moved to the Student Employment Partner View Only security role.
- If an Employee is on Leave of Absence, you should complete the Return Worker from Leave process before Termination is initiated to avoid downstream corrections that require administrative support and additional work.
9. Workday Training Services
- Performance Job Aids are in production
- Upcoming webinars:
- Feb 17th — Ending Employment
- Feb 24th — Correct Worker Start Date
- We encourage all members to take steps to protect the sensitive data that is obtained from us through File Depot. Our procedural recommendation can be found here: https://it.tamus.edu/workdayservices/procedure-for-storage-and-disposal-of-sensitive-files/.
11. Tip/Demo — Always check effective dates
Next meeting March 9