December 8, 2020
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- As part of our new in-house billing system project, we have enabled security permissions for Benefits Partner, Retiree Partner, and the "as self" roles to view the Insurance Billing custom object in Workday. These roles will be able to see the Payment Type selection (whether they are paying from their TRS annuity, via ACH, or with a check) and date.
- Insurance Billing and ACH details will continue to only be viewable by the System Benefits Support security role.
2. Calendar Year End Processing
- The ACA requires that IRS Form 1095-C be generated by the Employer and delivered to Employees by March 2. We are working with System Benefits Administration and a 3rd party vendor to generate this form and mail it to all qualified Employees who do not sign up to receive it electronically through Workday.
- Each System member will be required to file an IRS Form 1094-C as well, by March 31. This is an aggregate form for all the 1095-C Forms associated with a particular member. We will also be generating this form for you.
- The 1095-C official contacts for each system member from last year were emailed November 13 and asked to notify me with any changes to their contact information.
- Workday reports you should be running now to help you prepare for year end:
- Percent Based Calendar Year Deductions
- Company W-2 Audit
- W-2 Preview
- Audit – Negative Wages or Tax (by Worker)
- View W-2 Errors
- You may use the Employee W-2 Print Election report to identify Employees receiving a hard copy W-2. Let me know if you want the Workday "alert" to Employees encouraging them to sign up to receive their W-2 electronically.
- An Announcement currently displays on the Workday home page for all Employees getting a paper W-2 reminding them of the advantages to getting their W-2 electronically. A similar announcement is displayed for those getting a paper copy of the Form 1095-C. These announcements remain until the Employee chooses electronic over paper.
- The last biweekly payroll of 2020 is Friday, December 11 and the first payroll of 2021 is Monday, December 21. It would be in your best interest to get all corrections done prior to or on the last biweekly payroll of the year.
- The final payroll you will be able to make corrections on for the 2020 W-2s will be calculated on January 13. I plan to start getting the W-2 files ready for the vendor on January 14. When making corrections for 2020 on payrolls with a 2021 pay date, please use 12/31/2020 for the pay date.
- Printing and mailing of the W-2 and 1095-C forms will again be outsourced. Electronic versions will be available to Employees in Workday.
- AccuWage demo?
- The 'From' and 'To' date fields are now available on the Assign Costing Allocation business process, making it easier to filter through costing allocations.
- The January MO, pay date January 4, 2021, is scheduled to be processed December 17. Month end processing will follow immediately after the completion and settlement of the January MO payroll.
- Parking deduction data files for January 2021 are needed by noon December 18.
- The January B1, pay date January 4, 2021, is scheduled to be processed on December 21. You will need to print your checks before leaving for the holidays or when you return on January 4.
- Period Schedule Changes:
- Period 26 – 11/29/2020 to 12/12/2020: payday is 12/18/2020. Lock Time Entry has been changed from 12/15/2020 05:00AM to 12/10/2020 05:00AM. Unlock for Adjustments has been changed from 12/16/2020 03:00PM to 12/11/2020 03:00PM.
- Period 1 – 12/13/2020 to 12/26/2020: payday is 1/04/2021. Lock Time Entry has been changed from 12/29/2020 05:00AM to 12/18/2020 05:00AM. Unlock for Adjustments has been changed from 12/30/2020 03:00PM to 12/21/2020 03:00PM.
- New reports:
- Find Dependent returns Dependent details and the Employee that a Dependent is associated with.
- Position FICA Exemption Status returns FICA exemption status for position.
- BAR (Benefit Annual Rate) Audit returns benefit annual rates for Benefits Salary and Optional Life Insurance.
- New Notification to Payroll Partner:
- Payroll Partners now receive a notification if Employees are missing pay group.
- New Notification to I-9 Processor:
- I-9 Processors now receive a notification if a Worker’s authorization documents are set to expire in 30, 60 or 90 days.
- The Missing Costing Allocation report has been updated with a new prompt "Employee Type".
- The HR View Only role now has access to the Worker and Compensation Data for Survey Job Matches report.
- Updated Two Reports for Employees with Temporary or Missing SSN:
- The Employees with Temp SSN or without SSN report has been updated with the field Costing Worktags for Primary Position.
- Pay Calculation Results for a Period report has been updated with a flag identifying Workers with missing or temporary social security numbers.
- The Event Processing Efficiency worklet on the Event Analysis Dashboard (Prism) has been updated to return percentages over total events, instead of percentages over subtotal events with sent back/rescinded/denied/corrected steps.
- Additional reports have been added to the Pre-Payroll Dashboard (Prism). Kami to demo.
- Benefits Partner, Retiree Partner, Retiree, Terminee and Employee now have permission to see the Insurance Billing Payment Type additional data for Workers who pay for insurance premiums through the A&M System billing system.
- Instructional Text in the Add Retiree Status business process has been updated to be clearer for the Retiree Partner.
- Replaced the To Do step to Employee in Change Job business process with an action step for the Edit Worker Additional Data action questions "Insurance and Retirement Benefits Eligibility Questions" to the Employee.
- Added a valid values validation for the Selective Service ID in the Edit Other ID business process. Valid Values are: Exempt; Not Required; or Registered:
- Additional valid value validations will be added for the Background Check and Mail Stop Other IDs in January. Speak with your Staffing Working Group representatives for additional information.
8. Talent and Recruiting
- Talent Partners are now able to Advance and Send Back performance reviews for an Employee when available. Attend the Performance Review webinar on December 9 for a detailed presentation of this new functionality.
- The Interview Business Process and Reference Check Business Process have been updated to trigger the "To Do: Review Candidates For Duplicates" for external Candidates to be sent to Recruiting Partners as the first step.
- The Quarterly SSN Verification process was completed 12/3/2020. Please review the data in File Depot and take the needed action prior to W-2 processing. I am planning to do another run the first week of January as a final audit before producing the 2020 W-2s.
- Workday Services will mass cancel business processes on the last day of each month for terminated Employees that are pending for more than 180 days. Initial mass cancel is scheduled for December 10.
10. Tip of the Month
- Workday uses prompts to help users navigate in search fields. Prompts display all available content for that field, allowing you to drill into folders to find the value(s) you need. As you navigate through prompts, a trail of folders displays as breadcrumbs at the top of the pane, allowing you to return to a previous level.
- If the prompt only contains one folder or value, it will open by default
- If you have added business objects as favorites and they are relevant to a prompt, you will see a Favorites prompt option
- You can type in a Prompt — if what you are trying to find doesn’t show up for you to choose in the prompt, try typing the value in the prompt and hitting Enter on your keyboard
- We’ve had feedback that it takes too long to choose all values in a multi-select prompt. You can easily choose all values in a prompt folder by selecting the first choice in the multi-select then go to the bottom and hold down the Ctrl key and select the last option to choose all, or Ctrl "A"
- In prompts, you have single and multi-select options depending on that specific prompt:
- Circles are single select
- Boxes are multi-select
- If you are unsure you are selecting the correct result in the prompt, use Related Actions from the results to find out more information
Next meeting January 12