TrainTraq makes assignments of required and other courses on a daily basis.
The assignment engine is made aware of possible assignments by the establishment of a an Assignment Rule. An assignment rule is established by the Training system administrators. An assignment rule consists of the following:
- A Unique Name
- The owning work station (TAMUS system member)
- A specific course or set of courses(i.e. “program) to assign
- A definition of a set of employees to which the rule will be applied. (described in more detail below).
- Is the assignment one-time, or is it recurring?
- If recurring – the recurring frequency (e..g every 24 months)
- The time the employee has to complete the assignment.
Early each morning the assignment engine performs the following steps for each assignment rule:
- Identify a set of employees (essentially a UIN list) which match the rule criteria.
- For one time assignments, the engine determines if the employee has already taken the course
- For recurring assignments, the engine determines if the employee has taken the class within the time specified on the assignment rule (e..g within the last 36 months).
- Determines if the employee is in an active position.
- The assignment engine will make the assignment to all employees who meet the above criteria.
When the assignment rule is established, the rules defines the set of employees to which the rules applies. The employees set can be defined in any of the following manners:
- An employee group. This is a custom group defined by a workstation or departmental processor. See the help topic on employee groups
- Standard Search Criteria. The assignment engine allows you to specify search criteria to define the employee set. The criteria can be specified as follows:
- One or many work stations (TAMUS system members)
- One ore many adlocs (departments)
- A specific EEO job category
- Faculty/Staff/Student Rank
- FLSA code (Exempt or non-exempt)
- A custom SQL query. A highly specific group of employees based on external databases.