Your SSO password expires every 180 days at which time you will be prompted to create a new password. You may self-reset your password anytime by using the ‘I forgot my password’ link on the logon page.
All SSO log-in attempts are logged by IP Address, date and time. After 6 consecutive failed log-in attempts, your account will be locked and you will need an SSO administrator for your location to unlock your account and reset your password.
An SSO password has the following features –
- Can contain letters and special characters
- Letters are case-sensitive
- Must be at least 8 and not more than 64 characters
- Must contain at least 1 uppercase letter
- Must contain at least 1 lowercase letter
- Must contain at least 1 number
- Must contain at least 1 special character
Failed logon attempts and password resets will be highlighted on the Security Log.