We need a student worker to assist in monitoring security events and protecting the A&M System Security Operations Center’s (SOC) stakeholder’s networks and assets from cyber-attacks. They are detail oriented, completes tasks in a timely manner and remains actively engaged in the daily activities of the SOC. Our student worker will have frequent contact with stakeholder specific information and data, and will respect non disclosures associated with that information and data.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues
- Investigate cyber security incidents
- Assist SOC personnel with tasks
- Stay current on cyber security trends and news
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to the SOC
- Complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Learn new skills as necessary
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, attention to details, and be solution oriented.
- Ability to work between 10 – 19 hours per week.
Skill Development Areas:
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Student Development
- Operations Management
- Time Management
Pay rate is $12 / hour