The HCM Academic Management Discovery Project is a system-wide project to review commercial software applications and recommend a single software application that best meets our recruitment, hiring, tenure tracking, career and compensation business needs for faculty employment and academic organizations
The project began October 2019 and will be completed in three phases
- COMPLETE – Phase I Requirements, Request For Proposal (RFP) and Software Solutions, October 2019 – June 2020
Interfolio was selected as the single system-wide software application. Using Interfolio is at the discretion of each member.
- IN PROGRESS – Phase II Detailed Cost Analysis, June 2020 – December 2020
- Phase III Detailed Implementation Plan, to be determined
Phase 1, October 2019: Requirements, RFP and Software Solutions
Phase 1 concluded June 2020. Interfolio was selected as the system-wide software solution.
- Gather business requirements from member academic organizations and the third-party vendor software features and solutions for an RFP.
- Considerations will include detailed benefit and gap analysis, along with estimated costs for software and implementation plans.
- Includes member feedback, vendor bench-marking, presentations and product demonstrations.
- Deliverable will be best-fit software finalist(s) to continue to Phase II.
Phase 2, June 2020 – December 2020: Detailed Cost Analysis
- Determine software and user fees
- Define member implementation model
- Finalize a system-wide contract with Interfolio
- Define scope and requirements for data standards, integrations and reporting
Phase 3, To be determined: Detailed Implementation Plan
- Develop data standards, guidelines and integrations between Interfolio and Workday that will improve efficiencies for all members, including those already using Interfolio
- Develop implementation plans for integrations and reporting
- Support member implementation projects with a representative to assist with data standardization and best practices in Interfolio
The project will provide regular updates to:
- Provost/Dean of Faculties and Human Resources Officers
- Workday HCM Advisory Council
- A&M System IT Shared Services Council
- Academic Technology Council
- Financial Systems Council
Final recommendations will be reviewed through the A&M System IT Governance Framework, including the Workday HCM Advisory Council, the A&M System IT Shared Services Council and the Academic Technology Council. The Executive IT Council will have final approval on the solution in Phase 1.
Phase 2 and Phase 3 will be approved through the Executive Sponsors and communicated with stakeholders.
|Representative||Title||A&M System Member|
|DeAnna White - Project Coordinator||Associate Director, Workday Services, Core HR||The Texas A&M University System|
|Dr. Rahim Quazi||Professor of Business and Special Assistant to the Provost for Faculty Initiatives||Prairie View A&M University|
|Dr. Diane Taylor||Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs||Tarleton State University|
|Dr. David Ragsdale||Chief Scientific Officer & Associate Director||Texas A&M AgriLife Research|
|Lona Warren||Administrator II, Office of the Executive Associate Dean of Engineering||Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station|
|Dr. Blanca Lupiani||Dean of Faculties and Associate Provost||Texas A&M Health Science Center, Texas A&M University at Galveston, Texas A&M University|
|Dr. Stephen Duffy||Associate Provost||Texas A&M International University|
|Sanfrena Britt||Executive Assistant to the Provost||Texas A&M University - Central Texas|
|Tammi Thompson||Associate Director, Human Resources||Texas A&M University - Commerce|
|Dr. Michael Rendon||Assistant Vice President, Academic Affairs||Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi|
|Dr. Jaya Goswami||Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs||Texas A&M University - Kingsville|
|Amy Lewis||Associate Dean, College of Business||Texas A&M University - San Antonio|
|Dr. David Reavis||Professor of MIS and Management and Associate Dean, College of Business, Engineering, and Technology||Texas A&M University - Texarkana|
|Dr. Kristina Drumheller||Professor of Communication and Head Department of History||West Texas A&M University|
|James Ross||Associate Director, Workday Services, Recruiting and Talent Management||The Texas A&M University System|
|Brad Blair||Executive Director, Workday Services||The Texas A&M University System|
|Mark Stone||Chief Information Officer||The Texas A&M University System|
|Dr. James Hallmark||Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs||The Texas A&M University System|
Project team members were submitted by member stakeholder institutions.