Phase 2 of the Financial Systems Modernization project is the replatforming of FAMIS and initiation of the Discovery phase of Reporting Enhancements.
Our project partners, Asysco and Anubex, have extensive experience in converting mainframe technologies to more modern technologies. We will be converting the current programming language (Natural code) to a newer, more modern programming language (C#) and moving FAMIS from the mainframe to database technology.
The Reporting Enhancements project will run concurrent with Phase 2 of the FAMIS replatforming.
|July 2020||All FAMIS code converted to new programming language|
|October 2020||All account and user data converted|
|June 2021||System integration testing finishes|
|December 2021||User Acceptance testing finishes|
|February 2022||Replatformed FAMIS available for use|
- Discover options available to the A&M System to modernize our existing financial tools with a user friendly, integrated system
- Improve and simplify processes following industry accepted best practices
- Reduce risk and realize efficiencies
|David Gutierrez||Assistant Director||Enterprise Data Warehouse|
|Lallah Howard||Senior Director||Office of Information Technology|
|Scott Johns||Software Applications Develop IV||FAMIS Services|
|Marc Moore||Director||Enterprise Software Initiatives|
|Mark Schulz||Deputy Chief Information Officer||System Enterprise Applications|
|Freda Strzelec||Director||FAMIS Services|
|Terry Tatum||Executive Director||Office of Information Technology|
|Lori Beaty||Vice President for Finance and Administration||Tarleton State University
|Bea Blomquist||Business Coordinator for President and Provost||Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
|Cynthia Carter-Horn||Vice President for Finance and Administration||Texas A&M University-Central Texas
|John Crawford||Assistant Vice Chancellor for Business Management||Texas A&M Engineering
|Chesney Cote (Ex Officio)||Internal Audit||A&M System
|Joseph Duron||Executive Director, Budget and Account||A&M System
|John McCall||Associate Vice President and Controller||Texas A&M University
|Steve Schulze||Assistant Vice Chancellor||Texas A&M AgriLife
|Annette Shenkir||Associate Vice President, Research||Texas A&M University
|Mark Stone||Chief Information Officer||A&M System
Our home-grown financial system has served the A&M System for many years. We are considering replacing it based on the limitations of our current solution and the desire to move to a modern, user-friendly integrated system.
In 2016, a Finance Discovery Working Group was formed to work with a project team to initiate and develop the discovery process and provide member insight into the needs of a potential replacement financial system.
Our financial system is:
- Built on a mainframe infrastructure, which is stable and reliable but expensive to acquire, maintain and support
- Difficult to adapt to changing business needs
- Dependent on many manual, paper-based processes
- At times, perpetuating business processes that are no longer considered best practices
- Highly dependent on employees with unique specialized knowledge, many of whom are nearing retirement age