As you might imagine, Monthly Payroll operates off of a similar schedule each month. In many cases, the exact timing of each activity during the month is determined by the the payroll administrators at the member institutions.
In the example below, assume the workstation’s administrator has configured Monthly Payroll to notify departments about upcoming BVDs on the 10th of the month and to create BVDs on the 15th of the month.
Further assume the workstation’s payroll office allows the departments until the 18th of the month to complete their work and that BPP will process payroll on the 20th.
Given these constraints, what follows is a representative schedule of activities for a given month:
- On the 10th, as specified by the administrator, emails are sent to all participating departments advising them that their budget verification document (BVD) is about to be created in Monthly Payroll.
– Any new adlocs should be set up and activated in Monthly Payroll before this time.
- Department and central budget processors make all possible outstanding changes to the BPP budget and get them approved ASAP.
- On the 15th, BVDs and, in some cases, corresponding errors/warnings are created by BPP and loaded into the Monthly Payroll application for processing. When errors/warnings are loaded for a given adloc, the system sends an email to the department’s administrator(s) containing a link to the BVD Error report.
- Between the 15th and 18th, changes are made to employees’ pay, including:
– reducing an employee’s pay in Monthly Payroll
– zeroing an employees’s pay in Monthly Payroll
– updating the BPP Budget and refreshing a position Monthly Payroll
– adding a position to the BPP Budget and activating the PIN in Monthly Payroll
- When all changes are made for a particular adloc, the department administrator will use the Monthly Payroll application to notify the department approver that the payroll is ready for review and approval.
- When the payroll has been verified, the department approver will submit the adloc to the payroll office.
- When all adlocs have been submitted to the payroll office, the payroll office will submit the workstation as a whole to BPP, an action that moves all of the workstation’s departments’ BVDs into BPP.
- After the workstation submission is complete, the BVDs’ source data is made available in BPP’s Permission-to-Pay sub-system. Changes and additions can still be made using the standard 3270 user interface.
- On the 20th, BPP processes payroll, including sources from the Monthly Payroll application.