In September, the Financial Systems Modernization project teams completed work on improving response time (performance) and continued finalizing disaster recovery plans and testing. Managed File Transfer (MFT) implementation progressed, as did security mediation from the Deloitte study. In preparation for go-live in November, internal training with Anubex for FAMIS developers began. Other preparations included progress with change management / communication and a detailed cut-over plan.
At the time of this update, the basic plan for the go-live weekend is:
- Friday, November 18
- End-of-day processes run at noon
- FAMIS and Canopy go offline at 3:00 pm
- Data migration begins at 3:05 pm, lasting about 24 to 30 hours
- Saturday, November 19
- Systems and integrations brought up systematically
- Technical team validation
- Sunday, November 20
- User validation in the morning
- Final validation in the afternoon
- Regular processes run in the evening
Plans for readiness activities include technical team training; practicing database conversion timing; sequential file data conversion, including many historical files and data snapshots; and detailed planning for the go-live weekend.
The Annual Financial Report project with EGP and OneStream continued to progress in September, with the pilot project moving forward and the data for fiscal year (FY) 2022 loading daily. Some challenges remain with the cash flow statement.