Proof of concept to replatform FAMIS. In 2016, a Finance Discovery Working Group was formed to work with a project team to initiate and develop the discovery process and provide member insight into the needs of a potential replacement financial system.
Phase II of the Financial Systems Modernization project is the replatforming of FAMIS and initiation of the Discovery phase of Reporting Enhancements.
Our project partners, Asysco and Anubex, have extensive experience in converting mainframe technologies to more modern technologies. We will be converting the current programming language (Natural code) to a newer, more modern programming language (C#) and moving FAMIS from the mainframe to Windows technology.
The Reporting Enhancements project will run concurrently with Phase II of the FAMIS replatforming.
February 2020 Kick-off
June 2020 All FAMIS code converted to new programming language
October 2020 Final data conversion model tested and complete
December 2020 All factory testing complete
June 2021 System integration testing finishes
March 2022 User acceptance testing finishes
June 2022 Replatformed FAMIS available for use
Modernize FAMIS. June 2022 — February 2024. Phase III goals:
- Updates to Cost Sharing Module
- Build a strategic financial forecasting tool
- AFR reporting tool
- Ability to post IDTs across System members
- Route for approvals items generated through third party systems that are automatically posted in FAMIS
- Ability to capture FAMIS screens for conversion and storage in Laserfiche
- Enhancements to Canopy’s favorites list
- Enhancements to Canopy to include an auto refresh feature and expanded capacity for downloads
- On-screen filter option for Canopy as well as download to Excel
- Department view of accounts in FAMIS without the need to add to My Favorites list
- Enhance GL balance views to allow easy view of cash balance
- Enhance/simplify carryforward balance views
- More real-time reports designed for Department heads use