Phase II Changes
The second phase of the Financial Systems Modernization project is the replatforming of FAMIS and discovery of Reporting, Canopy, and other business enhancements to be carried out in Phase III. Replatforming includes migrating FAMIS to a more modern programming language and moving from legacy mainframe technology to modern servers. These are major changes but most functionality will remain the same for FAMIS users.
The Financial Systems Modernization Project Team, Executive Sponsors and our vendor partners are considering options for each of the changes identified for Phase III. For many changes, details and options are under evaluation.
Changes that will impact users include:
- On some screens, numbers will sort before alphabetical characters.
- Options for color choices in FAMIS will change. Users who have customized color options will need to update color settings in their terminal emulator. Recommendations and instructions will be provided for Opentext and Mocha.
- Screens 111/112 will replace screen 104 for batch voucher transactions.
- The login process for replatformed FAMIS will require Single Sign-On (SSO) and Duo two-factor authentication.
- The system time-out process will be different. When a replatformed FAMIS session times out due to inactivity, the user must reopen a FAMIS session and go through the SSO login process.
- Upon successful logon after a session time-out, the new session will reset to the user’s default settings (i.e., campus code, fiscal year, processing month).
- A new managed file transfer system, GoAnywhere, has been selected for file transfers to and from FAMIS.
- This will be a new process and authentication method for all users.
- All users manually uploading or downloading files have been moved to the new system.
- Uploads and downloads made through scripts and automated processes are almost completed.
- Canopy has replaced Entire Connection for downloads. A crosswalk from the Entire Connection screens to the Canopy equivalents is available on the FAMIS website at Entire Connection and Canopy Cross-Reference.
- Screens for legacy services will not be available after the mainframe is shut down, including BPP, LeaveTraq, TimeTraq and iBenefits. System members currently using these services should contact FAMIS Help.
- With the addition of GoAnywhere, RACF security will be retired. New processes will be introduced for security officers.
Phase III Changes
The Financial Systems Modernization Project Team, Executive Sponsors and our vendor partners are considering a wide range of enhancements, 3rd-party software options, and improvements to business processes. During Phase III discovery, details and options for the most popular requests for enhancement will be evaluated and prioritized for implementation.