Phase II Changes
The second phase of the Financial Systems Modernization project is the replatforming of FAMIS and discovery of Reporting, Canopy, and other business enhancements to be carried out in Phase III. Replatforming includes migrating FAMIS to a more modern programming language and moving from legacy mainframe technology to modern servers. These are major changes but most functionality will remain the same for FAMIS users.
The Financial Systems Modernization Project Team, Executive Sponsors and our vendor partners are considering options for each of the changes identified for Phase III. For many changes, details and options are under evaluation.
Changes that will impact users include:
- Data sorting on some screens. For example, numbers will sort before alphabetical characters. Options for color choices in FAMIS will change.
- Users who have customized color options will need to update color settings in their terminal emulator. Recommendations and instructions will be provided for Opentext and Mocha.
- Screens 111/112 will replace screen 104 for batch voucher transactions.
- The login process for FAMIS will change. Authentication options are under development.
- A new managed file transfer system, GoAnywhere, has been selected for file transfers to and from FAMIS.
- This will be a new process and authentication method for all users.
- We are currently piloting this process with limited users, but FAMIS Support will be reaching out to all download and upload users in the coming weeks.
- Canopy has replaced Entire Connection for downloads. A crosswalk from the Entire Connection screens to the Canopy equivalents is available on the FAMIS website at Entire Connection and Canopy Cross-Reference.
- Screens for legacy services will not be available after the mainframe is shut down, including BPP, LeaveTraq, TimeTraq and iBenefits. System members currently using these services should contact FAMIS Help.
- With the addition of GoAnywhere, RACF security will be retired. New processes will be introduced for security officers.
Phase III Changes
The Financial Systems Modernization Project Team, Executive Sponsors and our vendor partners are considering a wide range of enhancements, 3rd-party software options, and improvements to business processes. During Phase III discovery, details and options for the most popular requests for enhancement will be evaluated and prioritized for implementation.