This release contains 4 major changes. First, the “Parent Teacher Conference” leave type (code: PT-CONF) was renamed to “Educational Activities” (code: ED-ACTIVTY) to better reflect its new, more general purpose.
Second, a new leave type for “Reserve Law Enforcement” (code: RES-LAW-EN) was added. This leave type allows reserve law enforcement officers to take 5 days paid leave bi-annually for training purposes. This leave carries over from the first fiscal year to the second. It is lapsed at the end of the second fiscal year.
Third, another new leave type was added for “Amateur Radio Operator” (code: HAM-RADIO) leave. This leave type allows state-designated amateur radio operators to take up to 10 days of leave to participate in specialized disaster relief services.
Fourth, LeaveTraq now allows managers and administrators who are not “leave eligible” to access the application and approve leave for his/her employees or act as a department administrator. (Note, however, that such managers can neither function as a delegate for other managers nor have delegates themselves.)
Several other minor features and bug fixes are also included in the release:
- The “Red Cross Disaster Service Volunteers” leave type was changed from an Allotment transaction type to a Granted type.
- When entering leave, the leave types subordinate to the “Leave of absence with Pay” leave type were alphabetized. Other leave types’ subordinate lists remain ordered with the most common choices first.
- A bug that caused leave to be accrued for employees who were not leave-eligible has been fixed. Employees with an annual term less than 4.5 months will no longer accrue vacation leave.
- Incomplete documents older than last fiscal year can now be approved or cancelled. This will allow administrators to clean up old documents.
- There is now a “Total Leave Hours” column in the Manager’s Outbox screen
- The 40-character limit on the Transaction Entry screen’s Description text box is now enforced.
- The 80-character limit on the Transaction Details screen’s Comments text box (used when canceling a transaction) is now enforced.
- There is now a “Manager Name” column in the Administrator’s Pending Docs screen. This column shows the name of the current manager that the document is awaiting action on.
- The “Force 2nd Record set” checkbox is now visible to all Central Administrators on the Activate screen.
- The Vacation Eligible field on the Employee Status screen has been simplified and has a link to an online help topic explaining its functionality.