The following changes have been made to iBenefits for the October 18th release.
Enhancements to Upload Dependent Verification Documents
- iBenefits will now image uploaded dependent documents for all iBenefits documents when the document reaches a final status (Posted, Manually Posted, or Expired). Previously, only Posted and Manually Posted documents would have dependent verification uploads imaged. A process was run to go back and pick up and image any uploads for documents that were previously Expired.
- Dependents Tab:
- The button to view the upload documents page now reads “Upload Documents” for both the Processor and Participants. Previously, the button read “View Documents” for the Processors.
- The “Upload Documents” button will be available for all benefit eligible dependents (under age 27 or disabled) when the document status is New, Not Submitted, or Submitted and:
- Participant – when the dependent is not yet verified on the iBenefits document (button is hidden after verification is set)
- Processor – when the dependent is not verified on BPP (button still shows after verification is set in iBenefits)
- Once the iBenefits document is in a final status (Posted, Manually Posted, or Expired), a new “View Document Details” button will be shown for Processors only on each dependent to see the information of any documents that were uploaded for them.
- Dependent Document Management Page:
- The Processor must click the View button before the Accept and Reject buttons will be shown for a given uploaded doc.
- Clicking the Accept button for an uploaded document will change the status from “Available” to “Accepted”. This should make it more evident if a document has been reviewed or not.
- A Comment field has been added for each uploaded document. This field is to help communicate with the Participant and other Processors information about the uploaded document. When a document is rejected, entering a comment is required, otherwise, use the link in the Comment cell to enter comments.
- A new “Send an Email to the Participant” link is now located at the bottom of the page. This link should make it convenient to notify a Participant when documentation is insufficient.
- Once the iBenefits document is in a final status (Posted, Manually Posted, or Expired), the upload page will be read only and the Verify / Unverify, View, and Accept / Reject buttons will not be displayed. The final document status and comments will remain visible.
Changes to Processor Alerts
- Currently, the Uploaded Dependent Documents alert takes the Processor to the Document Search page with the Alert Type “Uploaded Documents Verification Required” selected in the Alert Type dropdown. The alert was changed to check for Unverified Dependents that have at least one file uploaded, regardless of status (Available, Accepted, Rejected). Clicking the alert will then take the Processor to the Uploaded Dependent Documents page.