The enhancements below were put into iBenefits on June, 7th, 2010.
1. Streamlined submit process. Failure of employees to submit their document has been an on-going problem. We have reduced the submit process from three clicks to two and made some page-layout and wording changes to make the process shorter and easier to follow.
2. Cost grid on the Overview page. For new employees who select multiple start dates or a start date prior to their SGIP date, a grid will appear on the overview page showing the expected out-of-pocket cost for each start date and the SGIP date. This should help employees see clearly what the cost of beginning coverage prior to their SGIP date will be.
3. Workstations may allow employees to update AE docs in August. This year, insurance processors will have the option of “unlocking” AE documents during August to allow the employee to enter their changes. Employees will not be able to initiate an AE document after July 31, but once the document has been created, the processor will be able to allow the employee to enter their own selections.
4. Updates to the Beneficiary sub-system. We have added a new Beneficiary Designation Home page which summarizes all beneficiaries for the employee and made updates to the individual coverage tabs.
5. iBenefits will use a new Contacts database. This will make it easier to assign specific recipients for employee support questions and to keep workstation contact information current.
6. Workstation contact information on the participant home page. We have added workstation email and website information to the Participant Home page.
7. Bug fixes and changes to incorporate new benefit rules including:
- COBRA participants will be able to add MED, DEN or VIS coverage at Annual Enrollment.
- Removal of information related to dependents being “qualified” for tax purposes.
- Coverage level drop for retirees over age 80 on ABL.
- FY 2011 AE documents will automatically enroll Humana participants into A&M Care 350 when created.
- Correction of the problem where some spending accounts were dropped from AE documents when a change occurred to the employee’s BPP record in August.
- When AE closes on July 31, all un-submitted AE documents are cancelled. This year we will NOT cancel Active documents that are Invalid