The following changes have been made to iBenefits for the June 25th Annual Enrollment release.
1. Alerts Page – Upon the selection of the button to start Annual Enrollment, a new page will be presented to the participant role only. This page is designed to be used as a location to announce important issues that pertain to the participant. For this year, announcements about Tobacco Use, Dependent Eligibility Verification, and an FSA reminder will be displayed. Each announcement is listed and a button is presented to navigate to the Annual Enrollment document.
2. Dependent Verification Document Upload – The participants and processors now have the ability to upload verification documents to iBenefits (both NE and AE documents). The following formats are allowed: PDF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP. Currently, there is a 4 MB file size limit, but this can be modified in the future, if needed. These files are stored on the iBenefits server until the document is posted, at which time the files are moved to the benefit Imaging system overnight.
The following rules apply:
- In the Participant role, any dependents identified as requiring certification that are not yet verified (the Date Verified field set by the processor is empty), a button labeled Upload Documents will appear on the Dependents tab in each dependent row that meets the criteria.
- The participant will be able to upload new documents, view, and delete any previously uploaded documents.
- The processor will see a button labeled View Documents on the Dependents tab next to each dependent requiring documentation.
- The processor will be able to reject documents that have been uploaded. These documents will also be stored in the Imaging system under a “Rejected Dependent Eligibility Verification Documents” document type.
- The processor is also be able to upload and view documents, but will NOT be able to delete any documents.
- After the document Posts, the overnight processing will move all the uploaded documents into the benefit Imaging system.
3. New Processor Alert – The home page for processors now has a new alert: uploaded dependent documents. Clicking on the link will take the processor to the Document Search page – Alerts Search tab, with the Uploaded Documents Verification Required selected as the Alert Type. This search type produces a list of AE or NE documents that have at least one unverified dependents who has uploaded dependent verification documentation.
4. New Processor/Coordinator Menu Item
- There is a new menu item for processors: Participants ->Uploaded Dependent Documents. Selecting this menu option will take the processor to the Uploaded Dependent Documents page. This is a new page that lists AE and NE Documents that have at least one uploaded dependent verification document.
- From this page, if there is only one uploaded document for that the dependent, the processor can directly view, verify/unverify, or reject the document for the dependent listed. If there is more than one uploaded document for the dependent, the processor can only select the View All button to navigate to the Dependent Documents page for that dependent and take view, verify/unverify, or reject actions from there.
Changes to Existing Functionality
1. New Dependent Documentation Rules – The following rules are now being used to decide whether dependent documentation is required:
- If the dependent is listed on screen 115 with a Verify flag of ‘I’, then documentation is required
- If the dependent is listed on screen 115 with a Verify flag of ‘V’, then documentation is not required
- If the dependent is listed on screen 115 with a Verify flag of ’T’ and have active coverage, documentation not required. If there is no active coverage, then documentation is required.
2. Dependent UIN Assignment – This process has been completely rewritten and will hopefully prevent the errors we were seeing with duplicate UINs. Visually, the only thing that the processor should see is different is that the “New” UIN selection for a dependent will no longer show on the UIN Assignment Conflict Resolution popup once the processor selects it and saves the record. So, if the coordinator selects the “New” record, saves it, and then for some reason pushes the “Update UIN Data” button, it will no longer show in the list.
3. Miscellaneous – Various minor bugs and efficiency issues were addressed as well.