The following changes have been made to iBenefits for the June 25th Annual Enrollment release.
1. Participant Alerts Tab – There is a new tab on the Benefit Overview page for both NE and AE documents labeled Participant Alerts. This contains the same alerts that are shown on the new Alerts Page, but allows Coordinators to view what alerts show for the participants as well. This tab is viewable by participants and processors.
2. Blocking Delinquent Billing Participants from AE – For billing participants who are chronically delinquent in the premium payments, you may now have them blocked form re-enrolling in coverage at AE by emailing their UIN to BCS Support. For additional guidelines as to which billing participants may be blocked, contact SBA (System Benefits Administration).
If a billing participant becomes current on their premiums, you may have them removed from this list by emailing BCS Support.
Additionally, you may allow a delinquent billing participant to re-enroll at AE with a 90-day wait for SGIP. To do this, change their SGIP eligibility date on Screen 106 to 12/1/YYYY then email BCS Support to add them to the block list. The billing participant will be enrolled in coverage effective 9/1, paying the total premium until their SGIP contribution begins again 12/1.
3. My Benefits on the Participant Home page – The current coverage page will now show what is defined in BPP for tobacco premiums. Note that the amount for the tobacco premium will be zero until 9/1/2012. Afterwards, however, this will be reflected.
4. Verify/Unverify Button on Add/Edit Dependent Page – For those dependents listed as Documentation Required, there is now a button to Verify or Unverify a dependent in lieu of the verification date. The actual date the Verify button is clicked is recorded behind the scenes in iBenefits and will be passed to the 115 as the verification date. This will be interface makes the Dependent Edit page consistent with the new Dependent Documentation upload page.
Now, when you need to see the uploaded docs again for a verified dependent, just click the Unverify button (instead of blanking out the verify date) and you will again see the “View Documents” button on the Dependents tab.
Changes to Existing Functionality
1. Tobacco Premium Calculation for COBRA Participants – Those participants on COBRA will now include a tobacco premium in their rates if they are designated as a tobacco user.
1. Unable to Save Dental or Vision – There was an issue with saving data on Dental and Vision for participants that had a dependent(s) with Unspecified Tobacco Use values. This has been corrected.
2. Paging on Uploaded Dependent Documents Page – Pagination on the new Uploaded Dependent Documents page was not working correctly. This has been corrected.
3. Imaged Dependent documents weren’t being listed correctly. This has been corrected.
4. Dependent Document Status – The Dependent Status column on the Dependents tab was erroneously displaying “(documents not uploaded)” for dependents not currently covered. This has been corrected.