The following changes have been made to iBenefits for the August 7th Annual Enrollment release.
- A Reassign UIN button was added to the Edit Dependent screen. In the event there was a duplicate UIN created for the dependent in UIN manager, and then subsequently Inactivated, there was no way for iBenefits to bring in the good UIN. This button will blank out the current UIN in iBenefits, call UIN manager, and then update iBenefits with the good UIN.
- The row for LTC spouse benefit data has been removed from the Dependent Benefits page. The LTC information for Employee and Spouse still currently show on the Benefit Overview. This information will eventually be removed since it is expected that LTC will no longer be offered as a group plan after 1/1/2013.
- Based on the former UIN Assignment rules (prior to the rewrite made in the 6/25/2012 release), the nightly UIN Validation process would blank out iBenefits’s UIN value for invalid UINs. This was unintended behavior based on the new UIN Assignment rules and increased the likelihood of duplicate UINs. The nightly validation process was updated to no longer blank out the UIN when a UIN error is found, only put an error message on the document for the processors to address the error.
- There was an issue on 8 documents where the Resolver did not keep the link between the iBenefits document and uploaded dependent verification document(s). It made it appear that the dependents on the iBenefits document had no uploaded documents and had not been verified. Those documents were identified and had their uploaded documents re-associated with them. The Resolver has been updated to maintain the link between the iBenefits document and any uploaded dependent verification documents.
- ABL/DL Premiums were not calculated when the Participant had an unspecified tobacco use value. This has been resolved.
- An Invalid Plan warning message was being improperly displayed for 65+ when the birth date of the Participant or Dependent was in the coverage month in which they became eligible.
- When trying to indicate multiple birth dependents, there was an issue updating the second twin’s multiple birth flag to Yes. This has been resolved.